BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my '07 came with a crap nothing tool pouch, can someone recommend a good one? Is it easier and more cost effective to just buy one complete (Sierra BMW has one) or put it together from various metric tools? Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I hadn't realised it didn't come with a full tool kit. IMO bad choice from BMW. My 05 came with the complete kit and it goes with me everywhere. I've never had to use it on the road (touch wood, throw salt etc..) but I do use it when working on the bike at home and feel too lazy to go for my own tools. It's a pretty complete and includes a tire repair kit which I understand works quite well. I don't know how much they cost but, in your place, I would buy one if the cost isn't too unreasonable.

Enjoy your bike.
Peter

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have a BMW kit I just listed for sale here in the Classifieds forum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Toolkit, What toolkit?

pickerbiker said:
Since my '07 came with a crap nothing tool pouch, can someone recommend a good one? Is it easier and more cost effective to just buy one complete (Sierra BMW has one) or put it together from various metric tools? Thanks for any and all input.
The best toolkit in the bike is that little "On Call" sticker with emergency phone number. It should be good for at least 3 years. Oh, and get yourself a puncture repair kit with them leetle gas bottles (3) and you're good to go!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the tool kit much. The tool kit wouldn't do you much good for most of the LT issues that would leave you stranded on the side of the road anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
So far, I've used an after market tire plug kit, and the tire wrench on my 00LT.
Bob

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Haven't found the need to use any of the tools on the road yet, the plug thingy once in 20k miles. It worked like its supposed to.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
My 03 came with a BMW tool kit, but I put together my own kit. I picked up an army surplus tool bag and filled it with tools for most repairs. I also have the allen socket to remove the oil plugs and oil filter wrench, and it all fits in the bag, which sits atop the 6 disc cd changer in the right bag.

It is amazing what fits into the tool bag.
1. airman air compressor
2. 7-19 mm metric open/boxed end wrenches 8 total on a key ring to keep organized
3. 10-4 mm hex sockets allen wrenches
4. T50-T10 torx sockets
5. tire plugging kit
6. talking air pressure gauge
7. small box of fuses
8. 1/4" drive socket wrench
9. 3/8 drive ratchet
10. h17, h14,h12 sockets
11. several screw drivers
12. 2-1/8" socket extensions
13. various sockets
14. serrated rope knife
15. BMW lug nut wrench
16. metric feeler gauge
17. 1 complete shifter replacement kit
18. oil filter wrench

Not sure what it cost to put it together, one note is one of my sons works at Auto Zone, so I may have gotten some of them at his discount.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
205 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts