BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always worn a half helmet, but now have gone to a Schuberth C2. Am learning this type helmet is a bit warm, and noticed quite a bit of perspiration production going on inside the helmet.

What type of head covering do most folks wear under the helmet?

Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Under Armour Tech Beanie from REI - on sale now for $12.93. I soak it with water at fuel stops for extra cooling.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Think they sarcasticly call them a ... Dew-rag

50/50 cotton & spandex with Chili Peppers pattern :eek:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
motorhead said:
Think they sarcasticly call them a ... Dew-rag

50/50 cotton & spandex with Chili Peppers pattern :eek:

Heh, heh....our Southern wimmen don't sweat...they get "dewy" so that is why they wear a "dew" rag! :thumb:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I once again am indebted to all you kind folks. The information you provided was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Slik helmet liner, 100% of the time. Helps to keep the helmet liner clean longer, and easier to throw in the laundry than removing the helmet liner for cleaning.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
My wife uses a head cover from Schampa every time we ride. I've never felt the need for one.

The liners in the C2 can be easily removed for washing. Also, the upper liner can be inserted two ways. One covers the forehead vent holes (for winter) and the opposite uncovers the holes (for summer). But I imagine it would still be warmer than a half helmet.

I've found the vents in the C2 work well, even behind a Cee Bailey #2 windscreen. They're much better than the original Concept vents, and the C2 is much quieter, too. Now if they would just make it lighter, and come with a built-in headset . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts