BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had good service from Westco batteries, however I only got 14 months from this last one. I charged it prior to installation and always kept a battery tender on it. What do you guys think, was this a bad battery from the factory?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Batteries do fail occasionally, even the best ones. Look for leaks or cracks in the case first, then have the battery load tested. You may try contacting the place you bought it as well and see what they say.

There was a recent thread on a failed Wesco battery with some discussion, see if you can find it.

I found the thread to which I was referring http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62200

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Is there any way to determine the build date on that battery? It could have been setting on the shelf for a long time. Who knows?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had good service from the Westco I had in my LT. I took it out after four years because I won an Odyssey at a rally. I gave the Westco to a friend and he's still using it,

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes indeed, my last westco lasted 5 years, that is why I bought another one. I really think I just bought a bad one,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts