BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know who's planning WCR for 2007 but this place was excellent although admittedly might be a little over the top. Superb location, great roads in all directions, and loads of eating alternatives just up the road in Stevenson besides the four star restaurant on site. The group manager was very open to future motorcycle events and provided us with very reasonable discounts for a great variety of outstanding accommodations. I'd never seen at 25 person jacuzzi before. Then I went inside the pool house and saw they had another one! Full Spa and Expresso bar on site. Quite nice.

http://www.bonnevilleresort.com/index.htm

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tallyho said:
Don't know who's planning WCR for 2007 but this place was excellent although admittedly might be a little over the top. Superb location, great roads in all directions, and loads of eating alternatives just up the road in Stevenson besides the four star restaurant on site.
Gorgeous... June you say??? This place looks like it rocks... only... (sniff)... no place to carry me clubs... (sniff)...
:D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's too many great roads, scenery, and National Parks in the area to spend any time on the links. Mt. Rainer, Mt. St. Helen, Mt. Hood, Astoria-Ft. Clatsop, Olympic Peninisula, Canada(?), the length of the Columbia River Gorge with all the water falls on the Oregon side, plus tons of small side roads that go hither and yon. You would need a long weekend. :thumb:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Where do I sign up?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Ups

UncleMark said:
Gorgeous... June you say??? This place looks like it rocks... only... (sniff)... no place to carry me clubs... (sniff)...
:D
Can you ship them ahead of time???;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
zippy_gg said:
Can you ship them ahead of time???;)
Naw... I figure I can just bungee them to the top case... and then make damn sure I don't try and split lanes! :D

Someone say sign up??? Whose driving this train?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark,

WCR is usually held about the third weekend in June. Sponsorship rotates each year between the riders from the three respective west coast forums. It was announced they were looking for a sponsor for the 2007 WCR at the end of the final dinner this year. I am not sure who's turn it is but it might actually be NorCal so the Bonneville Resort would be a little out of our neighborhood. I am sure more information will be available after the first of year.

Actually, all one really needs for vacation play is a 7 iron and a putter. ;)

I am currently working on SKR II for the weekend of April 27-29. No need to bring your clubs but you might want to bring your chips and your poker face!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tallyho said:
I am currently working on SKR II for the weekend of April 27-29. No need to bring your clubs but you might want to bring your chips and your poker face!
How about that... the calendar says it's an OPEN WEEKEND! woooot! OK... lemme know the details. As to poker face? Tia Vicki will tell you I have a scrolling banner on the forhead. Gives me away every stinkin' time! But I play anyway! :D

Let's do this...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Location looks good to me !! :)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SKR: Sequoia Kings Canyon Roadtrip (II)

The first one was in the spring of 2005. Check the archives on the old site searching under SKR in the NorCal forum. The base hotel in Visalia has an excellent game room adjacent to the bar which is a perfect place for mingling and fun after dinner. Last time Billy Omaha brought his custom poker set and a lively game ensued both nights with at least ten players. Philbert40 served as house dealer. The room also has a large TV, darts, table shuffleboard, and a pool table. It's a 45 minute ride to the south entrance to Sequoia National Park.

As soon as the date is firm with the group discounts and game room use, I'll make an official posting.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
You are a good man Bob!!!:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts