BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 R1200RT and looking for a reasonably priced rear tire sensor. I figure that I will replace the battery on the original when the next one goes out. I think the part is
RDC Sensor
Part Number: 36318532732

·
Registered
240 Posts
Someone had posted a link to this one on Amazon. I haven't used one myself yet.

That's a front tire sensor. I bought one of these on eBay and it worked just fine. Activated it with the TPMS tool and a GS-911. - LINK

·
Cat Herder
1,458 Posts
I just when thru this PITA problem. I bought the BMW unit at a large discount. They are $224 at the dealer retail. The upside is they have a warranty and the batteries are not dead on arrival... Price being the downside. The sensor that was in my '16RT had the battery soldered from the bottom as well as the top. As soon as we tried to lift the old battery out we tore the wire out on the circuit board... whoops! I am now waiting for the rear senor to crap out!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just when thru this PITA problem. I bought the BMW unit at a large discount. They are $224 at the dealer retail. The upside is they have a warranty and the batteries are not dead on arrival... Price being the downside. The sensor that was in my '16RT had the battery soldered from the bottom as well as the top. As soon as we tried to lift the old battery out we tore the wire out on the circuit board... whoops! I am now waiting for the rear senor to crap out!!
I understand if it's not possible but can you share your source for the OEM part @ a discount? I plan or replacing the sensors in my 2016 on the next tire change (end of the riding season).

·
Cat Herder
1,458 Posts
A friend of mine worked at the dealership. He still gets a nice discount on parts. The sad thing is the sensor should not have failed yet. It was only four years old. I am noticing a lot of 2016 are having issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts