BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The ambient air temp sensor is located under the chin plastic, behind the left(I believe) turnsignal light. One or two screws which hold the lower plastic in place also secures the temp sensor.

The sensor is mounted on an "L" bracket. The whole thing, bracket & sensor is about the size of you thumb

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
If you are looking for the inlet air temp sensor for the engine, it is behind the top of the left radiator, near the radiator cap.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
There are 4 temp. sensors on the LT two air & two water. Which one are you looking for?.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I would guess IAT or ECT. Either will go to default temp reading for an open or short. Other then an open or short Motronic won't know there out of range. You need to read them as a real time value or use resistance/temp chart.

You can watch the O2 sensor in closed loop and see if it's trying to over correct.

I don't know what year your bike is or the mileage but tired injector O rings can cause what you describe (they get hard and brittle and will allow an intake leak) not sure if it's a problem on the LT.

Good Luck on the hunt.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
The one I mentioned to him in another post is at the rear of the cylinder head behind the spark block. It is the water temp sensor that feeds the ECU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts