BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my walking papers this morning. So I guess I have 3 months to find a new job. It's definitely bitter-sweet. I will miss the people that I've come to know. And I like working where my wife works. And being able to keep close tabs on my kids has been cool. But, no more. The "sweet" part is that I know my next job will pay more.

Time to update the résumé. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Damn Joe... Sorry to hear about that...

Funny... I cannot count on one hand the number of folks over the last week who have been "excused" from service in their employ. Yet I hear about all these jobs that the are being created and the number of unemployment claims that seem to be dropping... makes me wonder what the governmental folks are smoking now-a-days...

Good luck my friend... Like you said, the next one gets you closer to being a millionaire...

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
So that means you can make it to CCR now, right?? :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DavidTaylor said:
So that means you can make it to CCR now, right?? :)
You really don't like drinking alone, do ya? ;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Welcome to the group... Maybe we should add an unemployment support group to the CCR events. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Sorry to hear that Joe!

On the bright side, over the past few years you've really seemed to start coming out of your shell. :rolleyes: You'll have no problem getting out there to find a better job!

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Damn Joe..........this is getting to be too often of a post............All the best and know your in the prayer loop my friend...........B-Safe...........jim

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Sorry Joe, Next one will be better though...

Didn't really mean the full time musician crack the other day..

Good Luck...

John

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I'm right behind ya. The notices aren't coming out for a few weeks, but all indications are that I'll be hitting the bricks July 15.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Dang Joe sorry - and on a Tuesday! Sounds like you have to show up until school is out - that sucks, too.

Weightwatchers is about to pay-off in another way!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Joe,
I wish you the best in the job search. I've been there twice. Once in '05 and again in '08. Same location, same people, different company names due to a buyout. It happens. Not any fun, but worked out pretty well this time around.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry to hear that Joe. Don't waste any time getting started. July and August are tough for hiring because so many people are on vacation.

Good kick,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but you know the drill. Unfortunately.

I've been down-sized, outsourced, and even "right-sized" (yeh, they actually used that term when they laid us off; it means the company was going to be "the right size" after the layoffs).

Sorry, that's a sore point. This is about you! Go out there and get that better next job. :)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Sorry to hear Joe, my younger son just lost his too. :(

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Damn Joe. Sorry to hear that. Happened to me in 09 as well. My only comments would be prepare to make less. You mentioned making more and I hope that is true but myself and three other guys I know are making 1/3 less than we did 24 months ago. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Joe. There is a better job out there for you so make sure you get the right one!

·
Registered
453 Posts
My condolences to you Joe. It is never nice when it happens. I hope you find a job soon, as the longer you are out the harder it is to get back on the treadmill.

Hoping for an early break for you.

Best regards
Sleuth

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'll join the crowd in offering my condolences Joe. However on the bright side, just think, in the form of UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION, now you can reclaim some of that money that the Government has been sucking out of you over the years. Here's hoping that something great will come you way in short order my friend!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Joe, sorry to hear about the forth coming lay-off. I've been unemployed for almost two years now. Have been doing some contract work, something for you to think about. Best of luck finding your next opportunity.

One of the things I've found in my search is employers are wanting the expertise but are not willing to pay for it. Also, a little thing about age has become a factor. Seems once someone passes the 50 barrier future employers are becoming reluctant in hiring.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got my first interview on Tuesday, April 5th. The company used to be a customer of mine for several years before I went to work for the school district. I know the owner and he knows me. When he heard I was available, he told me he wanted to talk to me ASAP. This could be really really good! One of my best friends works for him, and gets treated/paid VERY well (for the past 15 years).

Wish me luck. Say a prayer. Think positive thoughts. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts