BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, my BIL was riding with a large group, without a helmet, as usual and a inexperienced co-rider lost control and caused a wreck. My BIL, Kenny, has 3 broken ribs and 6 shattered vertebra. Somehow, his spinal cord doesn't seem damaged. And somehow his head is intact. He thought he was too good of a rider to have an accident...but, most of us know it's not about how well one rides...it's more about the uncontrollable and unforeseeable. Hopefully, he will have a full recovery and time to think about protecting his head, which doesn't always recover as well as other parts of the body.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh my, thank goodness it wasn't more serious. Yes, it just takes on quick second, doesn't it. Prayers being said.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Get well soon, with a full recovery, is a wish for your BIL, Larry. Truly great news about the spinal cord not being ruptured; they can do magical things with the vertebrae, tho the pain factor is obvious.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Prayers are a coming.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
More prayers added, Larry. Hope he fully recovers and has learned a powerful object lesson. None of us plans a go down and it's what you don't have control of that's the biggest threat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, his prognosis is very favorable. He may be going home in a coupla' days...wearing a turtle shell and gimping around, but, headed for a full recovery. Thanks for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Great news. . .now tell him to get a helmet to go with his turtle shell. :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His wife has already put it on him...My experience suggests being told to do something for your own good is somewhat counter productive, so, even though I'm sure I could direct his life so much better than he does, I'll fore go trying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts