BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the new R-Bike Forum, a great place to discuss anything about your boxer. From farkelizing up your R to syncing your throttle bodies for a surgeless ride, this is the place to give up your secrets or look for assistance.

Here's mine.

What does yours look like - Give an intro and post a picture of your ride.

·
Registered
2018 R1200RTW
169 Posts
John,
Where did you get the light bracket? Do you have a closer view of the setup?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here ya go Bill.
The Lightbar is an RBR - contact Raffy. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nashty

John. didn't want you to feel left out at tech sessions working on your R bike by yourself. So I purchased a pretty clean 2002 R1150GSA this weekend so we can have fun undressing our new toys. Pictures Soon!

Rob in Orangevale
HDDC Service Garage

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrates Rob :D

Now how many lights can you get on this one? ;)

Where's the pictures?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well it already has Piaa and Moto lights, I will need to get with you soon to figure out what other goodies I should add. I also have to change all the fluids and check the valves. Just another toy to take apart.

Rob in Orangevale
HDDC Service Garage

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a picture of my new GS at home with Jugs.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice bike John.

Congrats on the new ride! I'm looking forward to Alaska!!

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased my first BMW, although this isn't my first experience with one. I love the comfort and responsiveness of the bike. It is an '01 R1100R with 20K and a few extras. I found it on consignment at Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg, VA for a decent price and had to have it. This makes my third bike and I have been on it every day since the purchase. And I went to pick it up with my family in town and my wife sick. Some might say that wasn't the best decision, but I'll let you decide for yourself...I'm still married.

PIAA lights, Remus exhaust, Givi windscreen, some of the shiny stuff here and there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all- Stumbled across this great site and thought that I would join in in. I purchased my first 1200 C last month and love riding it. can't wait to give it a good long one. I hope "stoner" and I have a happy and long relationship throughout the miles I ride it. Been grinning ETE since. :bmw:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello gentleman,

Getting ready to purchase a 2007 R1200ST. I finally had enough of the GT so I am coming back to the Boxer! I have been in the next gen forum and completely understand why people love these motorcycles but I just dont think I need the headache any more. So, lets move on :dance: . Talk to me people!, tell me what to expect. What accessories, after market exhaust etc. are most recommended. I am past the Looks, I actually like the looks even the headlight! Hey!, I understand thats half the battle! :D

Kilroy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, I would like to acknowledge the charm of some of the older R-beemers, so here's one of my favorites, my '83 R100RT and me, waiting out a rainstorm in a car-wash a couple of years back. Sometimes I think I'll sell or trade this old bike, but then I ride it again, and realize.....I'll probably never let go of it, its just so comfortable! 106,000 miles now, easy to maintain, it doesn't take up much space in the garage, wouldn't bring me much money anyway, and it just keeps going, and going.

Besides, I like being and owning an airhead or two. I'll feature my newest airhead in my next post. :wave

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beautiful R bikes, all. After years of not having one, I went back to one. I can even tour with it, and have.

Here is is ready to go touring:

Here it is ready to ride through AZ twisties:

These R bikes are such a blast. :dance:

·
Banned
3 Posts
Hi...

I am Allen Border. I am new in this forum.. I am here to exchange some good post and information...I only know people were i live but i rarely have anything to do with em.and i can also walk down the shopping streets and meet people that my bro now or people that somehow knows who i am. But again..No real close friends. I live close up to a well traficated rossroad,were i look out the window each day and wonder were all these people are going, because it must be more fun than what i am doing alone in my small apartment. That including gaming and movie/serie watching.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts