BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
261 Posts
Recently joined the forum and picked up a new 2022 a few days ago. Was hoping it would be wearing the Michelin Road 5 tires but unfortunately it was shod with Metzlers.

View attachment 177510
Well, if you're doing it right, you'll burn those tires off quickly, and then you can mount your Road 5's.😁😎 (Or, if you're really serious, just put on the 5's, and sell off the new Metzlers.)

I loved the Metzlers I had, back on the 2005 hexhead RT. Terrific handling tires that lasted about 5K miles. I think I got something like 15K miles plus, with the early generation Michelin Roads. Handling after the soft outer layer wears out kind of sucks, but then again, I was pounding California freeway miles back then, so it didn't really matter.

Pretty little bike. Congrats! Wishing you many safe, fun miles on your new toy.

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
261 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Hello from Christchurch, New Zealand.

I am thrilled to have just got this 2022 RT. It replaces a T120 Bonneville, and joins an RE Himalayan in my garage,

Looking forward to being part of the community for these awesome bikes.

View attachment 178402 View attachment 178403 View attachment 178404
Welcome!!! Nice bike.

I graduated from Canterbury in 1968, and so had lived in the beautiful Christchurch for a few years. Wellington is still my "home" in NZ though.

Reactions: Johna11

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the new R1200RT forum, with all the new options available on the New RT such as ESA, BC, cruise and the new stereo system the RT has become BMW's latest Luxury Sports Tourer.
As you can see by all the R1200RT posts transfered here, this forum has a great head start. If you have a question about the new RT or have the knowledge to anwser a few this is the place.
What does your R1200RT look like? - Give an intro and post a picture of your ride. Again Welcome - Enjoy the Ride :D
Marc Lee in Milwaukee, WI USA Earth Milky Way

2014 R1200RT Premium (or highly optioned)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts