BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1301 - 1320 of 1438 Posts

· Registered
2018 R1200RT
520 Posts
Picked her up a week ago today. Been riding an RT for a few years, but this is my first personal bike.
View attachment 176942
I just like your BMWLT profile name. 🤣🤣🤣 Was that just off-hours creativity, or is it related to the job.

Are you retired, or still on the job?

You're about 4 hours away, but as BMW riders go, that's relatively close, close enough to be considered "nearby". 😏 There's another rider who's a retired motor officer over in Spokane, who I met online via another BMW forum (bmwrt.com). Since I just bought my 2018 RT, and am returning after a half dozen years off, we're intending on getting together in the Spring to do some riding maneuver practicing (TBD, nothing firm yet). He does it every Spring, and I NEED to. 😖 (My left ankle has become a problem since I was last on a bike; need to adjust my riding habits accordingly.)

Anyhow, congrats on your new bike. Sounds like you've earned it, too! 👍 I'd be envious, but my new-to-me BMW is the most technologically advanced motorcycle I've ever ridden. Don't know if I could handle a 2022.🙃😁 I'm grateful for what the Lord has provided.

🍻

· Registered
169 Posts

mirror mount

· Registered
2018 R1200RT
520 Posts

mirror mount
Well, if one doesn't have $1000+ for a pair of front lights, you can get these brackets (and probably other source, for even less), and find other, perfectly adequate 12V running lights to mount on them. FYI.

This are $99.00

And, I haven't even started "trying" yet. I'm confident a better search will provide alternate brackets and lights.

· Registered
2018 R1200RT
520 Posts
I should have added to my last post, that well known adage: "Everyone knows the only thing cheap about a BMW motorcycle is the owner ....", 'cause that would be me. 🙃😁🤣🤣🤣

· Registered
6 Posts
Big thank you to everyone on this forum. I gained a wealth of information before collecting my new bike yesterday. If nothing else, it ensured I pushed to get the latest firmware installed on the TFT. 😁

Traded my 4 year old GS for this beautiful nearly new RT with just 780 miles on the clock. The 100 mile trip home became more like 150 and I had a smile on my face all the way… Excellent service from North Oxford Motorrad in the U.K.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Sky Motorcycle Cloud

· Registered
63 Posts
Big thank you to everyone on this forum. I gained a wealth of information before collecting my new bike yesterday. If nothing else, it ensured I pushed to get the latest firmware installed on the TFT. 😁

Traded my 4 year old GS for this beautiful nearly new RT with just 780 miles on the clock. The 100 mile trip home became more like 150 and I had a smile on my face all the way… Excellent service from North Oxford Motorrad in the U.K.

View attachment 177066

View attachment 177067
Nice colour 😉 The sport screen is great, especially in the down position in dynamic mode with no luggage :cool: 💪

· Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Looks just like mine, top case and all! Agree about the Sport Screen. The new RTs have had their front end completely redesigned, aerodynamically, and there is no detectable turbulence with the screen all the way down, even at highway speed (70+ mph)!

Reactions: RTBob and sbeck152

· Registered
6 Posts
Looks just like mine, top case and all! Agree about the Sport Screen. The new RTs have had their front end completely redesigned, aerodynamically, and there is no detectable turbulence with the screen all the way down, even at highway speed (70+ mph)!
Quite a few motorway miles in blustery conditions yesterday… The difference from the GS on the way to dealer was really noticeable. The RT was a lovely calm and comfortable place to be. 😊

· Registered
2018 R1200RT
520 Posts

BEAUTIFUL bike. Congrats!

While I like your bike, what I'll really be envying are the rides you will take throughout the UK, and perhaps other locations throughout Europe, as well. A dozen years ago, I had a dream of riding a Beemer throughout Europe, but things in Europe have changed, and there aren't many European countries I'd care to be out on my own, me and my motorcycle. I've got plenty of terra firma in the USA yet to investigate (and ...hmmm... some of those places are now "no go" for me, too.🙄) I guess that comes with getting older.

Have fun this summer on your new scoot, and really, careful-as-she-goes, stay safe! (Post some ride pictures!)

· Registered
6 Posts
BEAUTIFUL bike. Congrats!

While I like your bike, what I'll really be envying are the rides you will take throughout the UK, and perhaps other locations throughout Europe, as well. A dozen years ago, I had a dream of riding a Beemer throughout Europe, but things in Europe have changed, and there aren't many European countries I'd care to be out on my own, me and my motorcycle. I've got plenty of terra firma in the USA yet to investigate (and ...hmmm... some of those places are now "no go" for me, too.🙄) I guess that comes with getting older.

Have fun this summer on your new scoot, and really, careful-as-she-goes, stay safe! (Post some ride pictures!)
Many thanks Scott… The new RT coincides with me taking a year off from work, so lots of trips planned at home and abroad. Scotland and the Western Isles is first up in late March and early April. Can’t wait to get started!

Definitely “careful as she goes” all the way for me. Lots of miles and beautiful scenery to soak up. 😊

Cheers
Stu

· Premium Member
2022 R1250GT
5 Posts
Good afternoon everyone!

Just joined the forum after a few google searches led me here and the wealth of information ya'll have shared.
I just signed paperwork on a '22 RT in black from my local dealer. Waiting to see what the lead time is for the radio head unit before deciding when to take delivery. While we had a brief moment of warmth yesterday here in upstate New York - perfect for a test ride - winter is still in force so I'm in no immediate hurry.

The RT is my first BMW and will join the two 5th-generation ('98 & '99) VFR 800's already in my garage, both of which will remain. I'm looking forward to adding the touring capabiliites of the RT to my riding as well as bringing my wife back as a pillion after she hung her helmet up when we started a family. While most of my riding is day trips into Vermont or the Catskill mountains with multi-day moto camping trips with buddies a few times a year, I have done a few week+ tours and plan to do many more!

Looking forward to learning and contributing here!

-Mike

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

1301 - 1320 of 1438 Posts