BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1,221 - 1,240 of 1,484 Posts
My 2018 Mars Red R1200RT sports with Shad top case, Ilium Works bar risers soon to be added a pair of Tech Spec pannier case lid protection.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Plant
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Changed the colour to White in July 21 and loving it more now.
Tire Wheel Car Plant Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Fuel tank Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Brickwork Brick Gas
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Plant Flower Vehicle
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Hi all,

Colin from the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, Australia.

Just got my first ever BMW, a near new 2018 R1200RT with only 15,000 Km's on the clock. Still coming to terms with all the features but am loving it.

Have been riding for about 30 years and have owned a Suzuki 185 2 stroke, a Kawasaki 250, a Yamaha XV 750, a Yamaha FJ 1200 a Yamaha FJ1300 and now the Beemer. The BMW is the pick of the lot and am very happy.

In Mars Red I think it looks great.

Cheers all.
Hi Colin, I am Geoff from Newcastle and I just bought my first second-hand bike since I was a kid after having a lost count of bikes over the years I know the BMW is almost bulletproof so thought A 2018 R1200RT Mars Red Sports like your bike with 22,500 klms and all the BMW service history was a good buy. I got my local dealership to buy it from a Dealer in the ACT and put a Shad top case on along with 12 months rego. I am loving it after owning way too many bikes.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Aussie Mark
Epic shot!
Thanks! Funny story behind that pic. I saw this dirt road in Arizona and set my GoPro to take a random picture every minute. I had it on a selfie stick in the side pouch of my soft case. After about 10 minutes I look back and my GoPro is gone.. I turned around, started looking and found it 3 minutes back. The camera took 3 great shots and then a pic of the sky and about 4 face down in the mud. Anyway, that's where I captured the moment.

Hey all. I just picked up a one owner US spec 2019 RT with 736 miles on it here in SW Germany. I couldn’t pass it up for $16, 200. I’ll be moving back to the US, maybe, someday, and got rid of my Euro spec KTM 1290 SDR. I have several bikes still, but was missing my Kawasaki Concours for sport touring. And two up touring with the wife around Europe.
I have a GS, and with 65k trouble free miles on it, I had no worries about buying another BMW. I had the top box and SW Motech engine guards installed when I bought it. I built a nice solid mount for my Garmin XT in place of the stock unit.

Monday with the sun shining and 65 degrees forecasted I took it on it’s first good ride. 300 miles through Lorraine region of France. And visited a few WW1 and 2 battlefields. Love it! It does everything very well. Cruise, suspension, roll on torque, etc. Very happy with it. Take care.

Moodyblues

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Greetings to all. I would like to introduce myself.... My name is Cole and I write from Croatia (EU). I have been present on this forum for some time, which I must admit is a great encyclopedia of knowledge. I'll post a photo of the motorcycle when it arrives (ordered in April). Apology in bad English which is not my native language I hope you will still be able to understand me. Than you all!
P.S. To American colleagues happy 4th July with a slight delay...

July 2021 I changed the colour of my 2018 Mars Red Sports R1200RT to White with the custom match lower bags, Front headlight surround, Battery case and Shad Topcase all matching the White so it flows.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting
Vehicle Motor vehicle Brickwork Brick Gas

Until I bought my 2014 R1200RT in Northern California in May of this year, the last bike I owned was a Honda CB900 in 1985-ish, after owning Kawasaki and Suzuki bikes in the 500-750cc range over 10 years. (My biking roots were actually in the early 70’s on neighbors’ Honda Mini Trails in the hills around Riverside, CA, as a young teen.) Since that time, I probably rode 2-3 bikes I borrowed from friends and family, the latest being my brother’s Goldwing 1800 for a couple of days 10 years ago. When I bought my RT, I asked my brother to ride it to his house for me, then spent the next couple of months (over several trips out there) on local rides of 20-200 miles (after gearing up appropriately). In July, I flew out one last time and rode it back home to Maryland, about 3000 miles over 6 days. On Hwy 50 for the most part, I avoided traffic generally, though hit some commute times in KC and St. Louis. Overall, it was a great learning experience and a time to really get to know my bike as a rider (I was spared any mechanical issues along the way!). Now I‘m enjoying some great rides in my area, though plan to enroll in one or two of the BMW courses down in SC later this year, along with my wife. :) (Now I’m even contemplating the addition of an 800 or 850 GS to my garage.) It’s great to be back into biking and I’m looking forward to meeting and learning from others who are as passionate about bikes as I am.

One of my boys and my niece, thinking ahead…

Cloud Sky Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Crossing Nevada, July 2021

Up on the Dragon during the RA Rally?
Nope, I flew up to Bob's BMW (via BWI) on July 30th and picked up the bike the next morning.
Then rode Skyline Drive down to Blue Ridge Pkwy, then to Asheville on Monday for the "running in check" at 640 miles on Tuesday.
Then on into Cherokee (via Townsend,Foothills Pkwy, and the dragon) Tuesday afternoon.
Pics are from that Wednesday after Nantahala Gorge, Wayah Bald, and then the dragon again

All done the week prior to the Game of Roads Rally (less traffic congestion that way)

Dave

• Love
Reactions: Geoff c
1,221 - 1,240 of 1,484 Posts