BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1,201 - 1,220 of 1,484 Posts
My recent buy...2013 with 39k miles‼👍🏼 Had a 2008 rt-p before with 155k on it when the motor let go so it was time to get another rt-p👍🏼 Such a great riding bike in small areas❗Dragging foot pegs doing figure-8’s inside 4 parking spots is what it’s all about👍🏼👍🏼

I rescued this 1150 3 years ago, just before the damned leaking slave trashed the clutch. Now she’s enjoying re-birth!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Motorcycle

Reactions: Geoff c and PadG
Good morning! Traded my 2012 Goldwing for a 2016 R1200RT. The big trips I thought would happen never did. All urban, commuting, in-state work trips, and weekend canyon carving. Until my knee replacement last year, I couldn't ride anything with further rear pegs than a Goldwing.

She's a beaut, handles amazingly, a fine bike!

Reactions: Geoff c and PadG
I've owned 12 Goldwings,rode them over 30yrs. Honda lost this buyer.. Got a 05
RT1150-P And I love the ride of my BMW.. I Also own several other bikes from 1000 Africa dualsport to 1300 VTX bagger and shoot all slots so never had much traffic but on BMW now I get a pre-wake as well as usual wake.. :) welcome Brother..

I've owned 12 Goldwings,rode them over 30yrs.
Thanks Sarge. You get it. I questioned several times whether it was the right choice, the Wing is a hell of a motorcycle.

But today I took the RT for a 2.5hr ride through the mountain twisties, and it was glorious. (the new knee helps a lot, as well)

I know I thought I was rolling on a very comfy ride on most my Goldwings. But now when I'm setting up for next turn on my BMW I really enjoy the feeling I'm in this bike, not riding on it.. And when I drop and roll through it feels, well it feels satisfying is 1/2 and it feels like the bopper-popper toy I got at xmas in 65+- don't matter what it popped rite back up standing.. That's what my BMW feels like,It loves to turn and it feel like it self writes itself and I won't be going back.. be safe,ride safer.. respect

1,201 - 1,220 of 1,484 Posts