BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1181 - 1200 of 1205 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy. Peter here from San Francisco. Just bought a "New to Me" 2005 RT 38K mi. Everything looks good with a 37K service done 3 years ago. I'm taking it in for oil change and brake fluid flush tomorrow. 20 Yrs experience on large cruisers (Yamaha Stratoliners). Looking forward to a summer with more speed through the corners.... :)

Stay Safe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Sold my trike, just didn't ride it enough, kept the '03 LT.....

'18 RT...Took delivery Monday Morning....What a way to start a week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Good looking RT. Getting near time to get out and color in those last states on your map :wink:
Was suppose to leave today for a 6 week tour of Az, Ut, Col, but that friggin' covid got in the way.:crying:

Maybe later in the fall

·
Registered
347 Posts
Was suppose to leave today for a 6 week tour of Az, Ut, Col, but that friggin' covid got in the way.:crying:

Maybe later in the fall
I hear you. Had a trip planned in June.......don’t know what to do now. National Parks are starting to open but with real limited services & eating out seems iffy. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Colin from the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, Australia.

Just got my first ever BMW, a near new 2018 R1200RT with only 15,000 Km's on the clock. Still coming to terms with all the features but am loving it.

Have been riding for about 30 years and have owned a Suzuki 185 2 stroke, a Kawasaki 250, a Yamaha XV 750, a Yamaha FJ 1200 a Yamaha FJ1300 and now the Beemer. The BMW is the pick of the lot and am very happy.

In Mars Red I think it looks great.

Cheers all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
69 Posts
My new White Knight -

2020 R1250RT in Alpine White with Ilium Works crash bars front and back and driver Sport Boards.

Being a short inseam (29") former Harley Ultra driver I am doing my best to get used to the bike and am loving the experience even though I can't quite flat-foot it.

Larry

·
Registered
2017 BMW R1200RT Carbon Black Mettalic
69 Posts
Hi all

Just made my way back here. I’m in West Yorkshire in the UK these days. This is my new to me 2017 1200RT

·
Registered
2013 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
16 Posts

Hello. Longtime viewer of these forums, but new member. I've had many BMWs at this point and my current ride is the R1200RT on the left that I bought new in 2013. Currently has 110,000 miles on it and still going strong. I bought a newer 2016 that's on the right in the picture, but ended up renting it out to someone who unfortunately totaled it (but ended up buying one just like it after because he loved it so much).

Both bikes pictured here at Crater lake on a ride with my wife (who also has an R1200RT and an R850R).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's my 2020 R1250RT in its natural state, returning to the dealer (5th time) to fix the leaking front Hayes calipers even after they were replaced through the recall. I get amazing mileage though.

Steve

BMW = Bavarian Motorrad Worthless - Don't Buy !!!!!! - YouTube.png

·
Registered
925 Posts
Here's my 2020 R1250RT in its natural state, returning to the dealer to fix the leaking front Hayes calipers even after they were replaced though the recall. I get amazing mileage though.

Steve

View attachment 171587
And I suspect you get great mileage out of your tires too! 😂

1181 - 1200 of 1205 Posts