BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1161 - 1180 of 1205 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
2019 Option 719 "Spezial" Blue Planet Metallic R1250RT with Russell Day-Long saddes.

Reactions: Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's good to be back on a BMW. I picked up a new 2019 R1250RT today. My last BMW was a 2004 R1150RS so it has been awhile. They sure have come a long way in the past 15 years.

My wife traded her F700GS on the RT. She has decided she prefers riding 2 up for longer rides. We both have Honda Monkey 125's for running around on back roads when we go camping. We have been using my Yamaha Super Tenere for 2 up riding, but I can already tell the RT is going to be a huge improvement.
IMG-0013

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's good to be back on a BMW. I picked up a new 2019 R1250RT today. My last BMW was a 2004 R1150RS so it has been awhile. They sure have come a long way in the past 15 years.

My wife traded her F700GS on the RT. She has decided she prefers riding 2 up for longer rides. We both have Honda Monkey 125's for running around on back roads when we go camping. We have been using my Yamaha Super Tenere for 2 up riding, but I can already tell the RT is going to be a huge improvement.
IMG-0013
That Black RT sure looks good. Hey is that your Airstream in the back ground ? If so nice also ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My name is Earl and I bought a new 2019 BMW R1250RT in August.

Hands down the best motorcycle I have ever owned. I think the egineers got together and said, " What does Earl want in a motorcycle?" and then they built this one. I love it!

This is actually my fourth BMW. I had a 1986 K100RT I bought used. A 2001 K1200LT I bought new and a 2002 R1150RS I bought used. I still have the R1150RT too. My son rides it.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure who you were asking, but I have an RDL on my 2017 and love it. Best seat I have owned for long distance riding - I have used Corbin, Sargent and a local custom seat builder on my bikes in the past. I have several long days in this saddle and it definitely makes the long rides more enjoyable and comfortable.

Fair disclosure - I think it sucks for around town rides because of the the way the seat is shaped and the resulting difficulty in touching down. I bought a used Sargent seat for when I am just headed to the store/work/whatever, and the RDL is there for my recreational rides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I can't see a simple post msg button - so have hit quick reply on your pinned pose - hope this is in order....

Greets from Queensland Australia.
I have at present:
06 K1200 GTSE 135,000 kilometers, bought with 94,000
99 R1100RT 94,500 Kilometers - bought last month with 91,000
Triumph Thunderbird Storm 2013 Model, 136,000 kilometers, bought new
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S 36,000, bought new for partner
2001 Kawasaki GTR1000 bought to fit my DJP Sidecar to - project

Riding since a 6 year old boy on the farm. Dont own a car...too dangerous :)

Greets!

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is "quaRTzie", my used (but new-ish to me) 2014 RT in quartz blue metallic. 27k miles, and in near perfect condition.

I cleaned it up, and added the NAV6, SW-Motech EVO City tank bag, grip puppies, reflective pannier panels, CTEK charger, engine guards, and DENALI CANsmart, DR1 lights and B6 tail light. The Cee Bailey wind screen was already on it.

I *might* add the DENALI sound bomb, but am concerned about the possibility of it coming loose and interfering with the steering, which has been known to happen. Perhaps the mini might be a better choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's a nice fleet, Michael Richardson! I especially like the photo of RT in the dining room. ;-) Welcome to forum. (You have to post a few times before it gives you more features.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
This is "quaRTzie", my used (but new-ish to me) 2014 RT in quartz blue metallic. 27k miles, and in near perfect condition.

I cleaned it up, and added the NAV6, SW-Motech EVO City tank bag, grip puppies, reflective pannier panels, CTEK charger, engine guards, and DENALI CANsmart, DR1 lights and B6 tail light. The Cee Bailey wind screen was already on it.

I *might* add the DENALI sound bomb, but am concerned about the possibility of it coming loose and interfering with the steering, which has been known to happen. Perhaps the mini might be a better choice.
Nice ride. Bet your not doing much riding right now in Min-a-so-ta.:laugh: I am not neither......got some snow yesterday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After looking at the WC's since their introduction I finally picked up an Ebony 2014 w/9400 miles to replace my 05 with 28k miles. The 14 is only missing the radio option from what I've seen. I use BT/iPhone for tunes so for me the radio option is not needed. Besides there are too many distractions on the display as it is. lol
Weather has been somewhat cooperating around here so did 290 mile get acquainted ride over to eastern WA. All I can say is WOW the difference between the two is almost night and day.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
After looking at the WC's since their introduction I finally picked up an Ebony 2014 w/9400 miles to replace my 05 with 28k miles. The 14 is only missing the radio option from what I've seen. I use BT/iPhone for tunes so for me the radio option is not needed. Besides there are too many distractions on the display as it is. lol
Weather has been somewhat cooperating around here so did 290 mile get acquainted ride over to eastern WA. All I can say is WOW the difference between the two is almost night and day.
Congrats & enjoy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I bought a 2005 RT last summer. It had been 35 yrs since I last rode.
Met a lady she had a bike so why not....

This bike had 40K KMS when I bought it and I became the 12th owner. Ya 12!
So I put 6000 km more on it. Probably the most it has ever seen in 1 year.

Getting antsy now to start a new, regular maintenance regimen.
I’ve read thru literally a 1000 forum posts in the last few days, learning a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I don't have a scoot at the moment, but have decided to get a BMW, either R1100/1150RT or G1200LT, whichever I can make the best deal on. A friend has an R1150RT and it is sweet. I've ridden cruisers in the past (Vulcan 1500, Boulevard C50), A Honda PC800, and a Burgman 650. Everybody around here in central OK is riding cruisers and I've realized that it just isn't my thing. I don't like loud pipes and I want lockable storage that can't be defeated with a sharp blade! I will be using it as my primary transportation for work, a 50 mile commute and really do want lockable, weather resistant storage. I've looked at Goldwings and similar, but don't want to ride something that big.

Anyway, I have a limited budget so will be buying an older bike in the $2500-3500 price range in the next month or so. With that being said, with a bike in that price range comes age and higher miles and age, and in the past I have had good luck in forums when buying older vehicles and their maintenance.

A long and rambling intro, and I'll update with a pic once I buy something.

Thanks,

Troy

1161 - 1180 of 1205 Posts