BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1,141 - 1,160 of 1,484 Posts
Just purchased and picked up my 2017 R1200RT TODAY! New to BMWs so looking forward to riding these amazing machines.

This is a really crappy picture, but I can't help myself to say hi so here it is in my garage lol My goal is to take it out to one of my favorite spots tomorrow and get a good picture of it.
What did you ride before getting the RT ? I am sure you really like the Beemer.

What did you ride before getting the RT ? I am sure you really like the Beemer.
A complete 180 as far as the type of bike.. I actually had a 2015 Yamaha Super Tenere, I won't say its like the 1200GS casue someone might delete my forum account :D I'm a big guy, 6'4" 280lb so the Tenere appealed to me and at the time I was in no place to drop a ton of money on a GS. I liked my Tenere, but I could never get a good ride with it, 30min and my back was really hurting. Even did risers, seats, pegs, never could get it right. That and the engine breaking was just god awfully abrupt.

I went out today and road about 100 miles messing around. The exhaust note on this thing is amazing, I normally grandpaw my bikes hardly get over 4k RPM, but now this thing is ridding at 6 or 7 :D Also discovered that doing such in 6th gear means you are driving at 120mph lol I swear it felt like I was doing 50 in my truck, amazing ride... Tenere I would know how fast I was going, this bike the only way to know is to look at the speedo :) It already has basically everything on it, but I'm really missing my tankbag and topbox....

Posted a pic of the Tenere, hopefully a Yamaha bike won't break the forum. Its in the same location, love taking pics at that spot.

Attachments

A complete 180 as far as the type of bike.. I actually had a 2015 Yamaha Super Tenere, I won't say its like the 1200GS casue someone might delete my forum account :D I'm a big guy, 6'4" 280lb so the Tenere appealed to me and at the time I was in no place to drop a ton of money on a GS. I liked my Tenere, but I could never get a good ride with it, 30min and my back was really hurting. Even did risers, seats, pegs, never could get it right. That and the engine breaking was just god awfully abrupt.

I went out today and road about 100 miles messing around. The exhaust note on this thing is amazing, I normally grandpaw my bikes hardly get over 4k RPM, but now this thing is ridding at 6 or 7 :D Also discovered that doing such in 6th gear means you are driving at 120mph lol I swear it felt like I was doing 50 in my truck, amazing ride... Tenere I would know how fast I was going, this bike the only way to know is to look at the speedo :) It already has basically everything on it, but I'm really missing my tankbag and topbox....

Posted a pic of the Tenere, hopefully a Yamaha bike won't break the forum. Its in the same location, love taking pics at that spot.
Hey I have 2012 Kawasaki 650 Versys I use for local stuff. Its ok but doesn't come close to the RT.

I hope I am posting in the right place. I joined this forum years ago but have been absent for far too long.

I’m very excited as I replaced my 2013/ 90th anniversary RT with a brand new r 1250 RT! I am thrilled that the dramatic differences in two engine generations.

I picked up the bike in Toronto on Friday and rode over the May long weekend with friends through western Pennsylvania for a break in period. I then returned to my dealer for the 1000 km check in and rode home to Kingston. Unfortunately I now left the next day by car to Winnipeg and haven’t been home since. As you could imagine, I can’t wait to get home.

On the way home I am picking up a Clearwater Billie Junior brake light Kit.

How do I attach a picture to any future post?

Cheers

Reactions: Dalton 5
Finally got my hands on BMW, it's a 2016 R1200RT with all the bells and whistles, except I don't think it has shift assist. Has Nav kit but no Nav VI included. with just under 50k miles. Nicely taken care of. Paid about $12,000 + TTL.

My other BMW is a 2016 M235i, my other motorcycle is a 2014 Harley Ultra Limited.

Been riding since I was 14, and 66 now. I live in the TX Hill Country so come on down and I'll show you my Three Sisters.

Lets Ride!

Attachments

My 1150RT that I bought for a trip a few years ago when my r1100s was in for repair. Loved it so much I've kept it and can't see myself parting with it. 60k and immaculate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1,141 - 1,160 of 1,484 Posts