BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 60 of 1260 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Sat on this at the Sydney Motor Show. Should have it in the Garage tomorrow.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Bails said:
Sat on this at the Sydney Motor Show. Should have it in the Garage tomorrow.

Great looking ride....like the color....too bad about the ancient rider....;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Just checked my new bike at the dealers. Comes with iPod wiring, chrome exhaust and all the other Australian SE features. Hope to pick it up Saturday morning and start the break in period. Have a long tour planned, I just need to buy a mount for the GPS and I'm set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
R1200rt

Bails said:
Just checked my new bike at the dealers. Comes with iPod wiring, chrome exhaust and all the other Australian SE features. Hope to pick it up Saturday morning and start the break in period. Have a long tour planned, I just need to buy a mount for the GPS and I'm set.

Bails
How is that new R1200RT going?

What GPS do you have?

Philmor
Vic Aus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I purchased the Nuvi 760, not a bike GPS but the best going for the RT as far as I'm concerned. The Nuvi has MP3 Player, Fm transmitter, track logs, programmable routes using Mapsource and so on.
The bike I like a lot, find I get a sore Arse, but hope that will wear in. I have 2000 klms so far, off for first service on Tuesday. I am then doing a 4,000 k ride down to Tassie and back.
What I really like is the sports bike handling ! Wow this bike just handles so well for the weight and size, I don't think I'm any slower than on my Buell in the corners, and I'm not used to the bike yet. It is slower out of corners dues to the weight, and is not as agile , but this does not take much away from the ride. I 'm pleased I didn't go with my first choice the K1200GT, as I just don't think the handling side of the ride would have ben as enjoyable as the RT is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Tried to post a reply with a pic (700k)...kept saying:
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I thought I could include a photo of my Nuvi 760 in operation. THis GPS works very well with the RT .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
RTTommy said:
Tried to post a reply with a pic (700k)...kept saying:
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Downsize the picture to about half of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Bails said:
I thought I could include a photo of my Nuvi 760 in operation. THis GPS works very well with the RT .
I checked out the Nuvi 760 after reading your comment about it an earlier post and I like it a lot. If I decide to buy it I plan to slide it under the clear map cover of the tank bag and run a lead through the bottom of the tank bag for power. Hopefully a good enough position for viewing, and if I park and go for a walk I picture taking the tank bag off and lock it in one of the cases or carry it with me anyway.
Your position on the windshield looks good, but what do you do when it starts to pour? I know it seldom rains in Wollongong, :sun: but still?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
yngvis said:
I checked out the Nuvi 760 after reading your comment about it an earlier post and I like it a lot. If I decide to buy it I plan to slide it under the clear map cover of the tank bag and run a lead through the bottom of the tank bag for power. Hopefully a good enough position for viewing, and if I park and go for a walk I picture taking the tank bag off and lock it in one of the cases or carry it with me anyway.
Your position on the windshield looks good, but what do you do when it starts to pour? I know it seldom rains in Wollongong, :sun: but still?
I tried the tank bag position but the visibility was poor, and I have to look down, not good for safety. Rain is not an issue, the screen keeps the weather out, the Nuvi is under the screen, but if the weather was to get to a point that I thought it might get wet then I probably wouldn't ride. I used the suction mount, but when the Ram cases come out for the Nuvi I will change, the roads were very rough and the Nuvi did not come off. One thing I did was apply tape over the mount, the one time the Nuvi came off was when the screen bounced and caused the unlock mechanism to hit the dash.For me the ability to listen to music, have the instructions over the music player , all through the FM transmitter was great. I used the Mapsource programme to pre plan the trip and stored each day as a route, very good. I think the Nuvi is a better deal than the Zumo at twice the price and half the screen area.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,697 Posts
Cousins in the Garage



Which one Today?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Pre delivery

I've had the bike three months, but still enjoy this photo of it with the SOLD sign on it outside the dealership before I'd ever seen it.
 

Attachments

41 - 60 of 1260 Posts
Top