BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
printman said:
how much does a 1200lt weight
The published WET weight of a K12LT is 835lbs plus options and accessories.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
messenger13 said:
853 . . . isn't it?
No, the sticker says 835 excluding options and accessories.

Interesting though. All of the options are now Included on the 2008's that number has never changed...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has anyone checked out the motorcycle trailer called the undertaker. it lift the front tire only towing only with the rear tire. is it worth it..printman

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had mine weighed at the airport cargo terminal last year, so the scales were calibrated and she tipped the scales at 841 lbs. full wet and empty bags.

·
Registered
712 Posts
printman said:
has anyone checked out the motorcycle trailer called the undertaker. it lift the front tire only towing only with the rear tire. is it worth it..printman
I would not tow anything by the front wheels alone, and if I did I would make sure to disconnect the final drive/chain/belt so the rear wheel could turn freely.

I do not think I would ever tow my LT except on a flatbed where I could strap it down securly. Getting 800+ pounds up on one wheel and back again sounds seriously risky. If you dump it, it could cost more in repair fees than the right trailer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the way it works is a wheel cage drops down to floor level were you place the front tire and strap it down, then you put the handle bar strap and segure it to the vehicle. then you crank it up like a boat trailer. as you crank the strap starts to getting tighter. this lift the bike on it's rear tire. you put the bike in neutral and you ready to go. now my question is on an LT does that damage the rear tire transmission or it does not do any damage because the bike is on neautral..thanks...printman

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
printman said:
well the way it works is a wheel cage drops down to floor level were you place the front tire and strap it down, then you put the handle bar strap and segure it to the vehicle. then you crank it up like a boat trailer. as you crank the strap starts to getting tighter. this lift the bike on it's rear tire. you put the bike in neutral and you ready to go. now my question is on an LT does that damage the rear tire transmission or it does not do any damage because the bike is on neautral..thanks...printman
DON'T use the handle bars to strap the LT. They WILL break. You have to use soft ties around the forks above the brace.

This sounds like a real foolish way to haul a big bike though. For the cost of 2-3 sets of tires you can buy a Carson flat bed trailer big enough for the LT...

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts