BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer: I noticed today I start with the wedgies about 1 hour into a ride even though I don't move around all that much. I used to wear briefs as a young man but now I started wearing those Hanes Comfortsoft Boxer Brief.
Anyone else having the same dilemna? Any good solutions?
THanks for your help.
Ed

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Suggestion

COMMANDO !!!!!!

Just kidding..

I think some folks wear the spandex biker shorts, some have butt pads in them and are supposed to be pretty comfortable on the long ride..

Someone in the know will chime in pretty soon.

Just couldn't let that one go...

Spence

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
As a professional in the butt comfort biz, I've spent a LOT of time researching this. The answer is Under Armour BRIEFS:

www.underarmour.com

Blow off the cheap stuff from Wally World and all the "motorcycle specific" stuff that is overpriced, overhyped and made from junky fabric.

Pricey - butt you get what you pay for. ;) As a matter of fact I am wearing them right now, butt that is probably more information than you really wanted to know.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
RonKMiller said:
As a matter of fact I am wearing them right now, butt that is probably more information than you really wanted to know.
YEW!!!!! TMI, Ron. :p

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
HEY hey hey Stevarino...

At least I put on some FRESH ones this morning - and did not soil myself during today's 450 mile ride around Southern AZ in 77F weather.

Yup, I am rubbing it in. ;) Ewwwwwwwwwwww.........

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They list 4 different kinds of "briefs". Any specific ones?

RonKMiller said:
As a professional in the butt comfort biz, I've spent a LOT of time researching this. The answer is Under Armour BRIEFS:

www.underarmour.com

Blow off the cheap stuff from Wally World and all the "motorcycle specific" stuff that is overpriced, overhyped and made from junky fabric.

Pricey - butt you get what you pay for. ;) As a matter of fact I am wearing them right now, butt that is probably more information than you really wanted to know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You can find the bike shorts without the crotch pad -- the LT's seat is much more comfortable than a bicycle seat. I found that Calvin Klein makes a boxer brief that doesn't seem to stretch out, doesn't ride up, and it has no seams for you to sit upon. That has worked very well for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try these on for size!

I heartily endorse these LD Comfort riding shorts. I prefer them over the Calvin Kleins. The beauty of these shorts is that they have a "kangaroo type pouch" so you can easily locate your "best buddy" when you need to....check them out www.ldcomfort.com/
Ron

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks guys, I haven't been able to stop laughing fron the first post on this thread......

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
ronjrieth said:
I heartily endorse these LD Comfort riding shorts. I prefer them over the Calvin Kleins. The beauty of these shorts is that they have a "kangaroo type pouch" so you can easily locate your "best buddy" when you need to....check them out www.ldcomfort.com/
Ron
$44.00 delivered for ONE pair of underwear? ...and I thought $19.00 was nutz for the Under Armour....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RonKMiller said:
$44.00 delivered for ONE pair of underwear? ...and I thought $19.00 was nutz for the Under Armour....
I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to wear a pair of underwear under these underwear to "protect my investment" :D
I wonder if GEICO insures them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've used the LD's for several years - before the "amour" stuff was available - and I think the are great. The also have some exposed rubber texturing on the inside of the legs at the bottom so the stay in place real well.

Jim

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Rotflmao...

edonthenet said:
I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to wear a pair of underwear under these underwear to "protect my investment" :D
I wonder if GEICO insures them?
That is the funniest damn thing I've seen posted on this site!!
:D :D :D And, an interesting thought!

(Personally, I use Pro-Player seemless boxers - Available at Penny's)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've purchased the LD riding shortrs and the Under Amour and would not hesitate to go with the UA's. I thought I was getting something superior with the $35.00 price on the LD's but all I get is a loss of circulation in my legs cause the elastic bands are so friggin tight. Save some cash ag go with the under amour.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Someone on this site suggested 'ProPlayer'? underwear from JC Penny - about $15.00. Try them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ex Officio

Check out the offerings from Ex Officio, a well-known clothing manufacturer in hiking community.

I originally thought that $25 was a bit excessive for underwear (though in the context of this discussion, it looks like a bargain), but after trying a pair, I was hooked. Like most synthetic undergarments, they control moisture, wick, breath, etc. But these have the added benefit of an antimicrobial agent that retards the build-up of odor causing bacteria.

The manufacture suggests taking two pair on a trip. Each night, rinse and hang-dry the pair you wore that day. The next morning pack that pair (they dry in an hour or so) and put on the other. The manufacturer says you can go about two weeks with this routine before needing to wash them with soap. That's a lot of saved space in the saddlebag.

The link below is for boxer-briefs, but they also sell boxers and briefs (and t-shirts) made from the same materials.

http://www.exofficio.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=56cfd65a-3149-4f7b-8e2b-24e9575b5a25

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
I still use the same briefs I used to wear when I was younger... during my days at Chippendales! :D
Plus my girlfriend loves them... If it works why fix it??? :p

Gilles
'99 "Red" LT

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
graydude said:
I've purchased the LD riding shortrs and the Under Amour and would not hesitate to go with the UA's. I thought I was getting something superior with the $35.00 price on the LD's but all I get is a loss of circulation in my legs cause the elastic bands are so friggin tight. Save some cash ag go with the under amour.
I know I should not add to this post for obvious reasons, BUTT...In a seminar of Long Distance Riders our very own Don Arthur made a comment (as a guest speaker) about shorts for LD riding. He said the first thing you should do before wearing LD Comfort riding shorts is to cut the elastic on both legs. It turns out that this could cause DVT Deep Vein Thrombosis which could result in a lot more than a little discomfort. Needless to say the elastic cuts off your blood flow.

Just thought you should know.

I still vote that Joe Namath answer to the problem: Panty Hose! Seriously guys the total support has many benefits for men as well. I have know several snow ski racers that wear them as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts