BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
...where did that come from ????? - the beta version should be rolled out imediately :D:D

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Feel our pain

Now if we could just get that adapted to:

the BMW final drive engineers and designers

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Wow!!

What production value for a GOOF! Amazing. :) Thanks for sharing that one. I'm sending it to all my idiot friends STILL using PCs.Ouch!!

Macs Rule - PCs Drool:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
About 30 times more people use PC's than MAC's. The reason you hear more about PC problems is more people care, and there are not 30x the complaints as MACs. I'll bet I hear about fewer problems with my CP/M machine than I do about MACs....but then very...very...very few people are still using them. :) :) :)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
It played on my Windows Media Player with no problem.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I have been using PCs for over 18 years now, and have see my share of problems. BUT, when I started (Mechanical CAD systems), the ONLY alternative was high end UNIX machines, which I used for 5 years until the major CAD players started porting to PCs. Apple never got a foot in the door for that market at all. Some of the big players actually had MAC versions for a while, but by about 5 years ago almost every CAD company had dropped MAC support. They just could not afford to put the resources into supporting such a tiny market.

Regardless of what the MAC community wants to believe, current WIN2000 and XP systems are pretty darned stable. Yes, higher probability of attacks, but mainly because of the large target, not that MACs are invulnerable to hacking.

We have exactly ONE MAC at work (over a hundred PCs), a G4 that our marketing web/publications person uses, but it has not been trouble free either. The OS has been fine for him, but he has had two hardware failures in the past few months.

I would probably like a MAC, if it would do the things I need to do, unfortunately, they don't, unless run in emulation mode (read SLOW!).

Believe me, I am NOT a Microsoft lover, but that is what almost every company is using for the most part, so I have no choice. Out of all the several companies I have worked for in my long career, not one has used Apple computers.

Wondering what the future will be like after Apple has done the big switch to Intel processors. That may level the playing field a bit as they will have to write the OS using the same base code, possibly narrowing the incompatibility gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts