BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

We are on the road!!

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  412driver 
#1 ·
I'm sitting in Napa Ca right now. finally got to a computer :)

We are on day 5 from Abbotsford BC to Astoria Or to Bandon Or to Garberville Ca to Napa!

We will see at least one (not a big wine drinker) winery. The Andretti Winery I think as I am a big race fan!! :)

Then to San Franciso for a day or two. That's as far as we have planned right now. Maybe Tahoe next? Or Reno?

The LT is running awesome. I LOVE the huge range on this thing. I'm used to filling up every 200kms but now go 400kms EASY with 100kms still in the tank!

I notice I scrape alot easier leaning in on a right corner than on a left. The center stand is a little shiny on the edge so I guess that's the spot. I have gone and cranked up the shock to almost max to stiffen it up. Will see if that helps. I too noticed the speedo is out a little (5-10%) compared to the GPS. It's a Garmin 2820 that is working AWESOME! I love that too and payed ALOT less than BMW's Navigator! I am seeing a few other LT's out there. Met a nice gentleman on an LT from North Carolina when we stopped at Ride West BMW in Seattle. Hope to meet others as well. Well, time to go get back on the road. Later boys and girls!

:dance:

See less See more
#4 ·
I would suggest South Lake Tahoe for the scenery and roads, but if it's just gambling - Reno is cheaper.........

If your going to hang around NorCal until Wednesday then join us around Sacramento for an HDDC Dinner Ride.

#6 ·
in reno now. headed for mt shasta or further tomorrow with a planned trip around crater lake.

just went thru sacremento today, sorry to have missed that.....

i looked at the tahoe turn off....hmmmm.... shoulda turned i guess.....

oh well....next trip :)

:dance:

#8 ·
rattler50 said:
Man, I'd love to visit Napa Valley and see where they make all those car parts!!........ ;)
That took me a couple seconds. :histerica

#9 ·
well home sweet home!!

just got back, we rode 3775kms (or 2345 miles) in 10 days. what a great trip. a couple of down sides: when we got back into washington the wind was CRAZY!! 40 - 50mph gusts!! :eek:

also, (hang head in shame :( ) i laid it over.... :(

we pulled over to the shoulder to take a picture and i just went off the edge and the gravel was soft...wheel cranked sideways and she just lay down. i look back at my sweetie looking comfy in her Joe Rocket jacket and i'm getting the WTF look...hmmm...she's fine...

luckily i saw the "how to lift your LT" clip on youtube before we left and up she came. a little push from the wifey through the soft gravel and we were back in business. some scratches on the bumper and on the lower tupperware and one dented pride and "bobs your uncle"! :)

other than that, just an awesome trip. big hello to the LT riders we met in Reno. and a BIG thank you to the GW rider who stopped to make sure we were ok. all the pylons just drove on by.............

so a question: easy way to get gravel scratches out of the lower plastic? :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.