BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Dawg
3,295 Posts
Wow, I am thinking they should formulate that into a car wax, it would make cleaning and maintaining a breeze!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Pretty amazing stuff, I hope it becomes cost effective or at least affordable,
imagine what that could do for your wetsuit or even boat hulls, no drag or friction.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Seems that I have seen this before, pretty pricy and maybe needs a reapplication after a year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cool stuff, since it uses nano technology. Have used car wax called nano wax, did a pretty good job.

Dan I have been using pure silicone from dive gear on the LT's compartment gaskets for a long time. They are still in great shape.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Neat stuff.

So what happens if you coat the inside of a drinking glass (all surfaces) with this product? Does the water "hover" inside the glass because it's so superhydrophbic?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
DanDiver said:
This new to me product seems amazing.. Not sure how I'll use it yet, but really slick!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IPM8OR6W6WE?feature

Is this new?
A very interesting material albeit a bit pricy! However, if and when the transparent version becomes available sounds like it would be great on the windscreen and helmet visor to keep rain from accumulating. Also, how about a coating on the front of the bike for Florida Love Bug season. Maybe the Love Bug guts would just slide right off! Wouldn't that be great? How about on the wheels maybe the brake dust wouldn't accumulate. Probably lots of other possible applications. OH yea, did I say it's pricy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts