BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Waterproof rolling luggage

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pauleknight 
#1 ·
I searched the luggage thread and came up blank on this one.

I VERY often use the bike for road trips for work. I often have two suits, shirts, ties, dress shoes, etc. I have a Seal Line 80 LT like this that works well..

Orlando to ATL, MIA, Columbia SC, New Orleans, etc...

When I get to my hotel, it is often a pain to take the bags off the bike, grab a cart, check in, get to the room, get the cart back down to the front desk, all while geared up...

I am looking for rolling waterproof luggage.

I found this

The small Click here seems to be about the right size for the pillon seat.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
yes, I have seen those reviews.

That is part of the reason I posted to see if anyone else had something I could not find on the internet.

I was also considering this pelican case.

For sure these have great reviews...

Paul

#4 ·
Pelican is hard to beat. I have built several test and trainer equipment cases out of Pelican units and they hold up extremely well

#5 ·
jzeiler said:
Pelican is hard to beat. I have built several test and trainer equipment cases out of Pelican units and they hold up extremely well
I too have used Pelican cases for many projects and needs..

Just how to "strap" to the back seat.

I am going out to a place in FL that has them in stock to see if I can figure a convenient way to strap to the back seat.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Guys,

I ended up going with this.

I can pack 2-3 suits, 3-4 shirts, dress shoes and 3-4 days of "tighty whities"

This case as you can imagine is waterproof and I use Andy Strapz to attache to the bike.

What I did was removed the pillion seat. Took piece of seat belt materiel long enough to create two loops on either side of the seat long enough to use as an anchor point. Replace Pillion seat.

Then I took the Pelican case and strapped to the newly installed straps.

This worked very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.