BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My water temperature gauge is not working and I started investigating and found that there is 2 water temperature sensors on the bike.

Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of both and which one is linked to my water temperature gauge.

How can I test to determine if the gauge or the sensor is faulty. (does anybody have resistance values or voltages at the gauge).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This is just a wild guess without actual knowledge...

The other sensor is for the gauge itself and the other commands the cooling fans. Don't ask which one does what...

I'm sure someone with real knowledge chimes in, too.

Best regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
jhcloete said:
My water temperature gauge is not working and I started investigating and found that there is 2 water temperature sensors on the bike.

Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of both and which one is linked to my water temperature gauge.

How can I test to determine if the gauge or the sensor is faulty. (does anybody have resistance values or voltages at the gauge).

Thanks
The front water temperature sensor (mounted on the water pump is connected to the temperature guage, the water temperature sensor on the rear of the engine is connected to the radiator fans.
Related question to anyone out there: Recently, my temperature guage started acting irradic and then quit entirely. I change the front senor and it works just fine for a few months and then quit again....any ideas?

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts