BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how water proof if at all are the speakers??? The concern is when washing the bike not so much getting caught in the rain. The back ones aren't too big of a problem but the front ones because they are horizontal are a concern when washing the dash area... I avoid them as much as possible but they do get a litte wet sometimes.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
ratorino2004 said:
Just how water proof if at all are the speakers??? The concern is when washing the bike not so much getting caught in the rain. The back ones aren't too big of a problem but the front ones because they are horizontal are a concern when washing the dash area... I avoid them as much as possible but they do get a litte wet sometimes.
Don't worry about them, they are fine. Just avoid direct pressure spray into the grills, and nothing will happen. Heck, they may even withstand that for all I know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The dash speakers can take the water hose directly...Mine was done by accident letting someone help me...Everything is ok to get wet just like riding in the rain...My XM radio and & radar detector are the only two pieces I remove before giving her a bath....she loves a good bath !

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good news... one less thing on my potential Ah $h** list....
thanks for the input

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use a spray bottle of soap/water and wash that off with a rag and bucket of water. No need to hose that puppy down and I can do all this in my garage without getting everything else around it wet. In my opinion you get a better clean and its faster.
Jim

·
Registered
330 Posts
Speaker replacement

Greetings people.

Has anyone ever considered upgrading their speakers. Here locally, I can source 200W 130mm (5 inch) speakers. Now tell me, how waterproof do they need to be. Total, or just a bit?

Kindest regards
Paul Harrington
AU
[email protected]

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Depends. How often does it rain down by you? If you do feel the need to change the speakers, look at boat shops for replacements that are also waterproof. Or just get an intercom set and forget about the stock speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
crutchfield and poly-planar both have a selection of marine speakers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts