BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 LT left side case allows water in even if it is sitting in the rain, no water gets in the right side case. Any suggestions on where the water may be getting in from and how to stop it????? :confused:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Try cleaning the rubber seals with a rubber seal cleaner. I clean mine regularly and have no problems. You will be amazed at how much dirt collects on the surface of the seals.

Dean

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine always does that when it is on the sidestand in the rain. When I opened ther left cover there would be a puddle of water in the lid. I finally figured out that water puddled on top of the joint between the body and the lid. It didn't leak in but when I swung the lid open the puddle ran down the inside of the lid. If you open the lid quickly some times the water falls straight down and is caught by the edge of the interior cargo tray. Was your bike on the sidestand?

Bruce

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was on the center stand, I was caught in a heavy rain yesterday and when I pulled into my garage I set the bike on the center stand and opened the left case. There were only a few drops from me opening it, I washed the bike on the center stand after it stopped raining and opened the left case and only a few drops, the right case was completely dry. I will try replacing the gaskets, any idea who would have the best price on these gaskets???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts