BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I now have my 2011 R12RT and have almost everything like I want it. Waiting on the delivery of the new windshield and the bike is good to go. Really, REALLY like it coming from a K12LT. Can't wait to see how it will pull my Bushtec. One small problem, I use an insulated drink cup and it fit the BMW K12LT drink holder. Does anyone have a solution for the R12RT? There really is not a place on the handle bar especially with the tank bag, and I could keep the mug in the tank bag, but, I don't use the bag that much, only on very long trips. Anything attached to the handlebars looks like it would hit the bag also. I am open to suggestions...except a camelback. Had one and did not like it. Thanks...you guys are the best. Best, Bob

·
Registered
163 Posts
I found a Thermos bottle that fits nicely in the tankbag. I think it is the briefcase model. If I recall correctly it was about $10 and works nicely and doesn't take up much room. Can't use it while riding though.l

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I use a Ram type cup holder and mount...

Look up Ram mounts...I have at least one or two on all my bikes.. So all my farkels just move from bike to bike..

John

·
Registered
391 Posts
BMW tank bag works.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I hung a modified automotive type cup holder off the rear of tank bag placing holder just above my lap so too not intrude upon seat space.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
OU812 said:
Camel Back is the way to go. ;)
+1

Besides, drink holders are so Harley :rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As are many things we do while riding. I have drank water from insulated cups for thousands of miles, and have not had a problem that I have had looking at the blasted GPS! Playing with the GPS is dangerous!! Best, Bob

·
Registered
738 Posts
bobaltic said:
Hi Steve,
What is that hanging at the saddle? It holds the bag? Thanks, Bob
Hey Bob. It's actually part of a hydration/storage pannier system made by LindaT [Tannier]. One side holds the water jug, the other holds my half-cover and still has room for small stuff like air pressure guage and other small items. Hanging off the back of the jug holder is a windshield washer pump that Paul Glaves built up for me to pump water up to the end of the hose at the handlebars. Push a button on the upper end of the hose and I get water.

If you want to see how it's all hooked up, hit this link http://www.nmpcs.com/R12RT/Hydration/

Here's a link to Linda's Site: http://www.customtankbags.com/

She does great work and is currently working on an aux fuel cell cover and rally book for me. Not cheap but more than reasonable since you get more than you pay for and the quality is excellant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
bobaltic said:
As are many things we do while riding. I have drank water from insulated cups for thousands of miles, and have not had a problem that I have had looking at the blasted GPS! Playing with the GPS is dangerous!! Best, Bob
I had a GPS on my Roadglide, after one long trip I removed it, as you say too much of a distraction. I also opted out of the BMW stereo system and use an iPod tucked in my pocket and only make selections when at a complete stop.

·
Registered
254 Posts
"Never drink and drive, don't even putt...."

Dean Martin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to all,
After emailing Brett at BMR, I'm going to try the left shelf wing, attaching the RAM mount to the wing and the water caddy to the RAM mount. I can remove when I don't need it (large percentage of time) and quickly add the mount to hold the insulated cup when I need it on trips. I think it will clear everything ok, I'll write a follow up to let everyone know how the install/operation goes. Best, Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts