BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New (to me) GT and wondering what you veterans have found in the way of functional tank bags that fit the GT well and are easy to work around for fueling? Tks.

Denny

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I have a Chicane bag, but unfortunately they aren't in business any longer. I've had great experiences with RKA Luggage on other bikes, I would highly recommend checking them out.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Bags Connection tank bags with an SW-Motech mount are exceptionally well made, and have a simple and positive spring loaded locking mechanism. An easy to reach pull cord retracts the pin and allows you to remove the bag for fueling. The bag sits on the mount and doesn't touch the paint on your tank.

The SW-Motech mounts are available in two types - with or without electrical connections for charging or powering electronic devices.

You can buy a variety of accessories, too. Map pockets, map pocket lights, camera mounts (for when the tank bag is not mounted), GPS mounts that snap to the tank bags, and more.

You can buy them from Pirate's Lair or Twisted Throttle.

http://pirateslair.net/Citybag.htm
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/451/

I have an Engage bag, which is one of the smaller tankbags.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got a Big Mak and really like it. The tank bag mount attaches to the fuel filler ring and is hinged so the tank bag flips up out of the way when fueling. Large map case that is removable. The bag holds tons of stuff if you want to carry a ton of stuff as I often do. ;)

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
I'm also using a Big Mak tank bag and am happy with it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use the genuine BMW one, slightly modified the straps so it pulls tight to stop it slopping around :)

I've pushed a small hole through on the inside of the left pocket, this allows my 4 way car power socket to live in the main part of the bag and the power cable to live in the left pocket where it can be pulled out to be connected to the standard location power sockets.

I'm searching around for a couple of clips to make a shoulder strap to connect to the original clips on the bag too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts