BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens to all those RPMs that I'm not using? This thing pulls like a tractor from 2,000 on and I usually shift at about 4,000. Even at speed on the freeway it's turning less than 5k. What do the rest of y'all do with those rpms up to red line? (If I want to peg my thrill meter, I'll use my FJR1300 :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I would have to agree with original poster, as to shift point and the way I rode her.

:) that was untill the REMUS went on, Now power is so linear from 2K upto redline, You find yourself allowing engine spool up to 6-7K before shifts.

Engine just loves that exhaust system & with NO 4800 rpm vibes ... a super smooth power delivery at ANY rpm.

**** And YES, even with the stock Ex system, your LT loves to be reved up beyond 4K ... Try it ~~~ You will LOVE it !

Scott

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had my FJR1300 for a year before I even ventured above the 6000rpm mark, SHIT, wot a blast, saves on front tyre wear I can tell you, It's never on the ground, 3rd gear tease it up to 6k then whack it open, it was the most controllable wheelie I've ever had, and I'm not into wheelies, I usually find I could get the front wheel up, but it came down at some horrible angle with most bikes, but not the FJR, it was fun! 145BHP and loads of low down grunt, I loved every minute of it. Nice and friendly below 6k but the juice was there when it was used in anger. Saw 165mph on the clock, a true 155mph on the GPS two up with top box, I'll miss that with the LT.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with Dave... and I think you might discover that, if you ignore the sound of higher rpms (wear earplugs) overall handling and performance is much improved if you keep the revs above 3.5 to 4k... This motor was designed for this rpm range and there is no evidence that keeping it down low does you, or the machine, any good. A look at torque/horsepower curves will show that this is the correct range.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
McRuss said:
What happens to all those RPMs that I'm not using?
All those unused RPM's are being collected and once a month donated to folks that need RPM's.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I had to go do a search, but did come up with this as one explanation.

Now, as to extras - you might wanna check with these folks here. They seem to have a fairly good re-distribution system in place. :D :D :D

OK, going back under my rock now.....

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Ya save those, along with the gas they use, save ‘em up to pay for the speeding tickets for when you use them up.

Bob

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote: Repeat after me: This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser, This is not a cruiser :)

Crap! All this time I've been waiving to the cruiser crowd, thinking I waz one of them..........

I'll tell you what though, it is not a crotch rocket, regardless of the RPM....it corners like it is on rails and at about the same weight and rate of travel as a locomotive. But it is a great sport comuter bike and I dearly love it. I'll donate all my unused RPMs to the Feejer, it really burns them up!

·
Registered
572 Posts
McRuss said:
What happens to all those RPMs that I'm not using?
Me thinks ........
.........the extra RPM's are what makes the world go around and if you gots lots-o-extra RPM's your hair gets curly?

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
McRuss said:
What happens to all those RPMs that I'm not using? This thing pulls like a tractor from 2,000 on and I usually shift at about 4,000. Even at speed on the freeway it's turning less than 5k. What do the rest of y'all do with those rpms up to red line? (If I want to peg my thrill meter, I'll use my FJR1300 :)

you got the special edition LT, the one with the 2400 cc Engine, that is If you think it pulls like a tractor from 2000k - 4000k, or are you riding a RocketIII?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts