BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
My bike tipped and broke the windshield adjustment bracket. Looks like it is one piece riveted. My motor is fine, just need the bracket. Don in MT View attachment 181205
Can you determine what part broke? The same happened to me, the windscreen would move asymetrically up and down but not the full travel. I took it apart and the
pivot arms going into the top bracket has a push in steel fitting that has a C clip holding it in. That fitting came out of position with the C clip still attached. I had to fit
it back to it's original fitted position. It took more time carefully taking things apart than it did to fix the problem.. Works perfect. Try to fix it because BMW gets $2500 ++ for the unit.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi James,
Thank you for the idea...I wish it was so simple. In the photos, you can see the cast arm broke. It is not available by itself, you must buy the whole adjustment. Odd, huh. It also snapped off a plastic clip moulded into where the bracket attaches at the base. I hope to find used parts over the months ahead of the riding season!

PS - are you related to the poet of your name? Wrote lovely pieces in his career 1890s to 1941.
Merry Christmas! Don
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle

· Registered
2 Posts
Wow...save the parts, you may be able to find someone to fabricate the piece. A machine shop could make that part. Also, here is one resource
to watch..I'll keep an eye out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts