BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Russell Day Long drivers seat that will fit a 2000 lt.
I believe 99 - 09 are all the same.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
There was a slight change in the 2005 and up seat pan but with a small modification (can't remember if you modify the early bike for a later seat or visa versa) to the body panels under the seat you can interchange. Hopefully someone else will chime in to clarify this info.:wave

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
There was a slight change in the 2005 and up seat pan but with a small modification (can't remember if you modify the early bike for a later seat or visa versa) to the body panels under the seat you can interchange. Hopefully someone else will chime in to clarify this info.:wave
You have to cut the tupperware and drill a couple of holes in the plastic and cut off the steel mounts for the tupperware on the earlier bikes with a later model seat.

Robert

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a heated Bill Mayer seat you might be interested in, from a 2001. I put the stocker back on for easier ground reach. It is in great shape, much more comfy than stock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... I have a BM seat on it now and (unfortunately) don't rate it.
I've had DL. Seats before and they work better for me... They're just so bloody hard to find!

I have a heated Bill Mayer seat you might be interested in, from a 2001. I put the stocker back on for easier ground reach. It is in great shape, much more comfy than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks... I have a BM seat on it now and (unfortunately) don't rate it.
I've had DL. Seats before and they work better for me... They're just so bloody hard to find!
I'm going to find mine in Shasta Lake in October and it should be exactly like what my butt has been looking for, after becoming very used to the one on my LT... >:)

Reactions: zamfield

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!

Want to sell me the one off your lt?!

I'm going to find mine in Shasta Lake in October and it should be exactly like what my butt has been looking for, after becoming very used to the one on my LT... >:)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What are you looking to get out the Bm seat?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It depends what I can get a DL seat for.
I'll probably wait until winter at this rate and buy a stock seat and have one made.
I would then do a deal for a stock seat and some cash for the Myer seat.

What are you looking to get out the Bm seat?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Gordon I got your email, thanks! I'm on the road till Tuesday 8/2 so I can't send you the pics yet. Thank you for your patience. Riding in the Beartooth mtns of MT this weekend!

Ciao

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Gordon I got your email, thanks! I'm on the road till Tuesday 8/2 so I can't send you the pics yet. Thank you for your patience. Riding in the Beartooth mtns of MT this weekend!

Ciao
No worries. I will wait till you return.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts