BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one and wanna sell how much $. If you have one and love it tell me all about it. I've only seen three options, BMW, Cee Baileys and Parabellum. Are there more. I also have a backrest if you wanna trade.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Reactions: CheezNbeer

·
Registered
243 Posts
I took mine to a glass shop. For $35 they professionally cut a few inches off. I can now see over it and get air when its hot or at top level can be protected from rain.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cee Baileys on my 2000Lt. I'm 5ft. 8in. and can see over and get plenty of air all the way down. Plenty of room to raise to eliminate turbulence and get out of rain. Feels solid and can't complain.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very pleased with the CBaily on my 05. Shorter than the stock on my O7 and it doesn't have the film the 07 does that is beginning to chip off. When replacement of the 07 gets high enough on the priority list, I'll get a CBaily.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
If you have one and wanna sell how much $. If you have one and love it tell me all about it. I've only seen three options, BMW, Cee Baileys and Parabellum. Are there more. I also have a backrest if you wanna trade.
I have a Parabellum. It does a good job of directing the air. However I'm not impressed with the material. It's a fair bit thinner than stock, seems strong enough, but has no scratch resistance. Never touched it with anything except microfiber. looking at it you would think I cleaned it with paper towels from a restroom garbage can.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a CeeBayley standard 24" on my 06 lt. Was way too high and wide. Replaced it with a CeeBayley reverse contour 22" and am overjoyed with it.
1. Much lighter than the standard
2. Gained an average of 5 mpg. I know some will say that's bull, but it's not.. I just finished a 3700 mile trip with it and never got less than 45mpg and as high as 51. Where I was getting 39-41 before.
3. I can easily see above it and when riding it acts like a 25" as far as air flow. Wearing a full face helmet, there was virtually no buffering at all.
And I should mention that I'm 6'2" tall. Best 200 dollar investment on the LT I could have ever made.
At 70 miles per hour, you can place your hand over the windsheild at about 3 to 4 inches above it, and feel no wind..I would assume that it helps keep the front end down also like the Flair Windsheild does for Harley, although hard to tell with the already fine handling LT

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just cut 4 " off mine with a air saw and no problems not that I can see over it and have a more airflow.
Now am totally enjoying the ride without the distortion of the upper curve of the OE windshield
i masked off both sides of the windshield, made a pattern of the top configuration and moved it down 4"
using a 24 tpi blade i carefully cut the shield down making sure the blade did not catch and shatter the shield
after the cute i used 220 wet/dry with soapy water to sand the cut and finished off with scotch brite pad and polished the edge
slick & clean took under 1 hr including re/re

·
Registered
178 Posts
I took mine to a glass shop. For $35 they professionally cut a few inches off. I can now see over it and get air when its hot or at top level can be protected from rain.
Great idea! I think I'll try that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was gonna go the cut-off route but if I did and hated it I couldn't go back. Also thought of the Cee Bailey "Sport" windshield but not sure. So I ordered a Cee Bailey #2 reverse contour Euro cut in the smallest height and light gray tint. To my surprise at checkout the cost was 50% less! At that price I never would have waited this long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts