BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my NAVIII on my 2006 LT with a Zumo 665 but I have been reading several threads that complain about not having enough volume amplification when plugging into voicecom auxillary port. I have also read that this was solved by Garmin in later manufactured models. Any info from those who have purchased one recently would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I have to use a Cassette adapter to use mine.

The volume control works fine for getting clear audio that route. I've also run the 665 directly into tubed audio amplifiers in my kitchen, using only the 665's volume control.

SO, except for the poor audio from the MP3 player, it works just line my Apple I-pod.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
BecketMa said:
I have to use a Cassette adapter to use mine.

The volume control works fine for getting clear audio that route. I've also run the 665 directly into tubed audio amplifiers in my kitchen, using only the 665's volume control.

SO, except for the poor audio from the MP3 player, it works just line my Apple I-pod.

Bob
+1 on the MP3 player audio but ok on nav audio. I use an iPod Nano for music/books/etc for longer battery life and to keep my iPhone safely tucked away (and charged).

·
Registered
292 Posts
I installed the 665 on my 06 and ran the audio output to the audio in port in the stingray storage box and I was not able to hear mp3 665 output over the radio speakers going over 30 mph with full volume. I installed this, http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplirider.html, and it works great. I can hear my mp3 going down the highway at 90 mph now.

It does need 12v power supply, I have it laying in the stringray storage box and I bought the model with the adjustment attached to the amplirider. Plug zumo into one of the amplirider input ports then plug the amplirider into your radio aux input port and adjust the amplification to your desired level.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes it is. I just ordered one. Should see it pretty quickly since he's shipping from only 3 hours drive from here. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
$63.00 shipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts