BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Describe what a bad touring motorcycle seat feels like? (be as colorful, with respect, as you like)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Imagine if you will; a half roll of duct tape wrapped around a 2 lb. paper sack full of roofing nails...............?...............how'd I do..................?.................... :cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
feels like getting a hotel 50 miles from home when stopped for gas. Just DO NOT wanna get back on. One word - EXCRUCIATING

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Your ass is on fire! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
After ten miles it felt like a seat in the bleachers at a poorly constructed stadium. After fifty miles there were a pair of 2x4s under me. One strapped beneath each buttock. 50 miles after that, someone stole my shocks. At a hundred and fifty miles you could put a pair of dimes under my cheeks and I could tell you whether they were "heads" or "tails." Ten more miles and I was revealing every trade secret and military code I had ever been exposed to. (I'd rather be waterboarded and forced to listen to all of Justin Bieber's hits.)

I am currently suing the manufacturer of this alleged "touring seat" because it violates my Constitutional right not to be subjected to "cruel and unusual punishments."

·
Registered
38 Posts
In 2009 I bought a sport touring motorcyle. As a touring bike, it has extra amenities to make it more comfortable for extended periods of time while traveling. The seat is a strip of plastic covered in about 2 inches of foam rubber and covered in vinyl. Which means it has about as much cushion as the banana seat I had on my bicycle when I was six. I weigh considerably more now than I did when I was 6, I am also considerably older. To call it comfortable is to assume you normally spend your days sitting on a 120 degree hot plate that is balanced on a fence post while borer beetles slowly burrow into your butt.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,163 Posts
A bad touring seat is a device designed to block all blood circulation on the inside of one's thighs, causing discomfort and pain to the rider at an alarming increasing rate.
Day 2 is even worse as the recovery of Day 1 would take about a week!
Long distance riders are freaking masochists! :rotf:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I can't wait to get off this concrete seat...
oh ya? I'll trade you for the picket fence I'm sitting on. ;)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sitting on a rock on a HOT summers day ... Sticky & stuck on a vinyl kitchen chair ... Cramped into a position of which there is no way to wiggle the discomfort away .... That is what a seat that's not made for a touring bike feels like.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RonKMiller said:
My ass is grass.

Confucius say: "Man who fly upside down have crack up".

Wait a minute, that has nothing to do with motorcycles. :D
You be killing me...

Confucius say: "Stop looking for your name on Internet, find it in web browser under tools".

Thanks to all who responded... I have enuf bullets in the gun to complete the task. Now let's see if I can make my cut-off...

;-)

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
RonKMiller said:
......Confucius say:"Man who fly upside down have crack up"......
:histerica Those "Confucius" were just "rocket-fuel-geniuses," weren't they? Let me try this: Confucius say Sun WILL--ERR, sorry--RILL, come up in morning! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts