BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm recording the restoration of my second Porsche and over in that world we record the adventure, so I figure that's what you do here. I take a before photo, because it was so poorly cared for for the last five years or so. I'll leave it to your imagination. The bike had spent most of its time sitting outside in the weather, not to be even started.

I've got it moved inside and pulled the front bodywork off. Drivers seat is split, so that needs to head off to the upholstery shop. I checked the local dealer to see if I could buy just the vinyl cover, but they only sell a complete seat. I wiped off the green growth from the back half and removed the top trunk altogether. I brought the body home to make cleaning a "fill in" job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Before you go running off to the upholstery shop. Check out EBay. I have often seen good seats at reasonable prices.And if you find that you love the bike(Which I'm sure you will). But you will find the stock seat is just not that comfortable(Many of us come to this conclusion). You will have the old original seat(Which is messed up anyways) to send in to someone like Russell day long or Rick Meyer to have it made custom fit for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts