BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, has anyone that’s waiting on a 2021 RT experienced a delay due to unavailability of shipping containers?
My dealer was told by BMW that the bike I’m expecting was to be loaded onto a ship about 3 weeks ago. I checked back last week and they were going to follow up with BMW to get the vessel name. I followed up with the dealer today because I never got an email with the ship’s name like I was told I would. Turns out, the dealer was told the bike was shipped, but when pressed further for ship name it came out that the bike is in port still because there is a shortage of shipping containers. My dealer explained that there is supposed to be some sort of conference call tomorrow or soon with BMW to figure out how they are planning to remedy the situation. It seems there are a few other bikes for this dealer in the same situation with buyers waiting. Anyone else ran into this issue yet??

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I am sure you know very well that you are far from being the only one waiting! There have been so much falsehood out of BMW USA (NA?) that I don't even bother to try to get updates anymore!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I called about mine yesterday and was told it should arrive in the US on Saturday (the 12th). They couldn't give me a vessel name so I hope that is actually enroute. Might be in the same situation as yours.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine arrived in Montreal on the 4th, and is now on its way to the dealer.

Reactions: PadG

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I called about mine yesterday and was told it should arrive in the US on Saturday (the 12th). They couldn't give me a vessel name so I hope that is actually enroute. Might be in the same situation as yours.
I sure hope that you are right! Mine should be in the same shipment, and if they lands on Saturday we should have the bike by the end of next week. Based on when I was tracking my present '15 RT, BMW used DHL to ship from NJ to the dealer, and that took 2 days to get to Ohio, back then.

·
Registered
2021 R1250 GSA (On the way) and 2016 S1000XR (soon to be gone)
2 Posts
Hello all, has anyone that’s waiting on a 2021 RT experienced a delay due to unavailability of shipping containers?
My dealer was told by BMW that the bike I’m expecting was to be loaded onto a ship about 3 weeks ago. I checked back last week and they were going to follow up with BMW to get the vessel name. I followed up with the dealer today because I never got an email with the ship’s name like I was told I would. Turns out, the dealer was told the bike was shipped, but when pressed further for ship name it came out that the bike is in port still because there is a shortage of shipping containers. My dealer explained that there is supposed to be some sort of conference call tomorrow or soon with BMW to figure out how they are planning to remedy the situation. It seems there are a few other bikes for this dealer in the same situation with buyers waiting. Anyone else ran into this issue yet??
I can share my experience (so far). I purchased a 2021 R1250 GS Adventure a couple of weeks ago. The dealer is awaiting the bike from Germany. They provided me the shipping container number and the shipper (Hamburg-Sud). I have been following the container's status daily using Hamburg-Sud's website. It was supposedly loaded today (6/10/21) and is scheduled to arrive in NY on 6/18. The dealer also provided the name of the container ship, which I have been able to track online with one of several maritime tracking sites.

I would get the container number and ship name from your dealer, and check on the status yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts