BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the garage today (it's about 100 yards from the house) to shovel more snow and do some general cleanup. I opened the overhead door, and as I was working inside I looked up at the LT, sitting on the lift and attached to the Battery Tender, facing out the door. It appeared to be looking longingly at the snow-covered driveway and the road beyond.

It isn't even officially winter yet and it's looking - so far - a lot like last year: early snowfalls stick around because the temp drops below normal and just stays there. The New Year's Day ride sponsored by our local BMW dealership isn't looking too promising - again.

Joe may have the right idea, with an eventual move away from this madness. In my younger years I was a cheerleader for winter: bring it! No issues with cold temps and snow. Five years ago I began riding. My outlook has changed over the past few years. I think there's a connection. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
That's one sad looking LT, Howard. Why don't you put it on a trailer and come on down to NC. That won't work. The weatherman was calling for snow, ice, etc. in the next couple days when we left Fri. for Orlando. What the heck! Come on this far south. Even with temps in the 30's tomorrow morning, it's supposed to be 70 in the afternoon.

My new to me LT is at home in the garage with that same look. Just no snow on the ground. I hope.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I left WV in the early 70's and only go back to ride in the spring and summer or to visit friends and family. Florida is not the best place to live, but just about everything I like to do is around here and the weather is generally not a reason to stay inside.

Living in Florida allows me to ride most of the year and havent shoveled snow in a long time! I do miss the changing seasons, as we only have weather and climate, but not enought to live up north in the winter.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hschisler said:
Joe may have the right idea, with an eventual move away from this madness. [snip] Five years ago I began riding. My outlook has changed over the past few years. I think there's a connection. :rolleyes:
"May" have the right idea? You know I do! ;) But until then, I hear ya and I feel your pain all too well.

Now do your LT a huge favor and turn it around, facing away from the door. Every day when I open my garage door, my Councours tells the snow to kiss its butt! :( (Little consolation, I know.)

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
"May" have the right idea? You know I do! ;) But until then, I hear ya and I feel your pain all too well.

Now do your LT a huge favor and turn it around, facing away from the door. Every day when I open my garage door, my Councours tells the snow to kiss its butt! :( (Little consolation, I know.)
Yes, that is one sad-looking LT! Do what Joe said, turn it around so it doesn't have to face the misery! :rolleyes:

Y'all enjoy the cold cold winter! :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same view out of my garage here for the last 3 weeks and it looks like lasting as far as Sunday next. -10C this morning on the way to work - and we normally have a mild climate. Europe is getting pasted at the moment.

·
Registered
929 Posts
We have been very fortunate here in Kansas...actually got out and rode for about 2 hours in 43 degree weather...it was great. But I know it wont be long and I will looking out my garage and see the same thing. I am truly sorry about your loss Howard...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
messenger13_ver2 said:
... Now do your LT a huge favor and turn it around, facing away from the door. Every day when I open my garage door, my Councours tells the snow to kiss its butt! :( (Little consolation, I know.)
All,
It's good to know that others out there are feeling the same "pain". Thanks for your support!

Joe,
I laughed out loud at your comment. That's funny, and a comment that has sparked me to do just that. Maybe next weekend I'll move things around and get 'er turned around the "right" way.

A little background: One night a couple of weeks ago we wanted to make room to put another car in the garage. In order to do that, we had to do a grand do-si-do in the building - moving vehicles, tractors, etc., and the bike had to go on the lift - freeing up one slot. Because it was so cold outside we just shoved the lift straight ahead, as you saw it (kind of) in that photo, rather than moving it to a more proper orientation, where I could have backed the bike out the door. Obviously I'll have to rearrange things in the spring because the way it is now I'd have to back the bike off the lift and then ride it around the lift, out the door. Oh well... something else to think about.

PS: More snow and sleet on the way tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
highroamer said:
Same view out of my garage here for the last 3 weeks and it looks like lasting as far as Sunday next. -10C this morning on the way to work - and we normally have a mild climate. Europe is getting pasted at the moment.
Highroamer,

Very unusual weather for Ireland. Lived in Mayo/Galway for 20 years and seldom seen below freezing temps. You folks got hammered, so far, this year. Going to a nieces wedding in Galway next December...hope it is not the same.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Today's 62 degrees (F) has melted everything. Even my driveway is clear. So... even though tomorrow is going to be in the 50s with rain, we're going to meet up with other BMW riders for a lunch ride to someplace nearby. It's our local dealer's annual New Year's Day. Looking forward to it. It's been a month since I've been on the LT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts