BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

VStream Windshield height

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jers99lt 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just happen to be looking at the same screen. I notice that A&S has it $20 less.

A&S listing and you get a pair of ROK straps for free. I may have to pull the trigger, once I determine shipping costs.

HTH,
Jer

#5 ·
KMC1 said:
Hey Guys,
Just a quick note, I have a VStream from my recently sold LT that I'm going to be listing in the Classifieds, in case you are interested.

:cool:
Cavino, go for it. I put my order in with A&S. No tax. No shipping cost + more ROK straps. Worked for me, but this offer will no doubt be a good one.

Have fun,
Jer

#6 ·
I just put the VStream on a couple weeks ago. The height they list is a little deceiving. The actual shield when installed seems to me to be a bit higher than the stock shield I had. At first I did not like it but after a few weeks I would not part with it. I just sit up a tad straighter to see over the top. BTW my wife loves it. She says she does not feel like a bobble head at high speeds. I do not even receive any requests to raise the shield anymore.

#7 ·
wallyo said:
I just put the VStream on a couple weeks ago. The height they list is a little deceiving. The actual shield when installed seems to me to be a bit higher than the stock shield I had. At first I did not like it but after a few weeks I would not part with it. I just sit up a tad straighter to see over the top. BTW my wife loves it. She says she does not feel like a bobble head at high speeds. I do not even receive any requests to raise the shield anymore.
Wallyo,

I'm new on this site since I just bought a 2005. My stock windshield measure 17-1/4".
According to specs the Vstream should measure 22.7" which is over 4" taller than my stock. I'm considering this screen but I wouldn't want it if it wasn't at least 4" taller then the one I have, but now you put me in doubt by saying that it is a "bit higher than stock". I don't think I would want it much higher than 4" taller than stock anyway because I want to able to see the over the screen when in lower position. Would you mind to measure the shield and let me know? Perhaps a good way would be to hold the stock shield in front and meausure the difference. I'm 5'10" tall but I'm also planning too use a Airhawk seat cushion most of the time which will higher my position of about 1".

TIA

#8 ·
Measuring the actual shield length is meaningless. I just measured mine and if you put the end of a tape measure on top of the BMW roundel on top of the stingray and measure to the windshield edge it is 17". This distance is with the windshield fully down on it's stops. I did not measure the stock like this so I can not compare, but you can since you still have the stock. Let me know if it's different than stock or just my imagination getting used to the different shape.
On another note has anyone removed the stops or shortened them to get it lower. Or would this go past the mechanisms limits?

#9 ·
#10 ·
jers99lt said:
Here's a picture I found of the two of them side by side. Click here

HTH,
Jer
Jers,

Thank you for the pictures. The two windshield seems to be the exact same size. Is the windshield in the picture the tall stock or the standard stock? If it is the standard stock it should measure 17-1/4" top to bottom at the center ( which is the one I have ), while if it is the tall stock it should be 22".

I understand that the stock shield for newer LTs is taller than previous year's LTs. It is 22".
I would be wasting my money if I have to buy a Vstream shield of the same size as the one I have.

Thank you,

Pier

#11 ·
Remember you are not considering the location of the mounting holes in the screen. You must lay one on top of the other, line up the mounting holes, then you can see if they are the same. Many riders say the V stream is 1-2 inches taller then the BMW, when mounted on the bike. Some dealers have demo V-streams so you can try it out.

#12 ·
If you had the shorter Euro screen, then there's a significant height difference, very noticeable at the lowest position of the screen, but I got used to it.

There's some comparative pics of both screens on my bike here in both low & high positions

#14 ·
Pier1 said:
Jers,

Thank you for the pictures. The two windshield seems to be the exact same size. Is the windshield in the picture the tall stock or the standard stock? If it is the standard stock it should measure 17-1/4" top to bottom at the center ( which is the one I have ), while if it is the tall stock it should be 22".

I understand that the stock shield for newer LTs is taller than previous year's LTs. It is 22".
I would be wasting my money if I have to buy a Vstream shield of the same size as the one I have.

Thank you,

Pier
Pier,

Here is the thread from where I pulled the pix.

HTH,
Jer

#15 ·
Caveno said:
Thanks all - I bought the VStream from A&S for $210, no taxes no shipping! I'll let you know how I like it :dance:
Hope you also ordered the ROK straps for $0.00.

Jer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.