BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My voiceII instlals done and it works great. I am waiting on the Y-cable which should be at my dealer next Tuesday.

I can't figure out how to route the GPS in. I have a Garmin Quest with audio out via a mini plug. I am not sure if the wires are located on the Y-adaptor.

I tried splicing into the two wire connector that the manual says is for the Navigator II but no luck.

Does anybody know how to get gps audio into the voice when using a gps other than the NavigatorII?

I also want the radar detector to go into the VoiceII and I assume I can just piggy back onto the gps in once I figure that out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
hammick said:
My voiceII instlals done and it works great. I am waiting on the Y-cable which should be at my dealer next Tuesday.

I can't figure out how to route the GPS in. I have a Garmin Quest with audio out via a mini plug. I am not sure if the wires are located on the Y-adaptor.

I tried splicing into the two wire connector that the manual says is for the Navigator II but no luck.

Does anybody know how to get gps audio into the voice when using a gps other than the NavigatorII?

I also want the radar detector to go into the VoiceII and I assume I can just piggy back onto the gps in once I figure that out.

Thanks.
It should work. I tapped into the same two wires for an input for my radar detector -- works fine. I haven't tried the audio out from my Garmin 2610 but I think it should work....audio is audio. Personally, I don't see the need to have another woman telling me where to turn or that I missed a turn. :>)

If you want both GPS and radar audio hooked-up to the same VOICE II input I would recommend using a passive mixer to protect both devices.

The Y-cable only supplies the speed signal for the VOICE II speed/volume control. The other unused plug supplies 12V power for the Navigator II. I tapped into it for power for my Garmin 2610 and my radar detector.

Bruce Hodges
Kansas City

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bruce2000ltc said:
It should work. I tapped into the same two wires for an input for my radar detector -- works fine. I haven't tried the audio out from my Garmin 2610 but I think it should work....audio is audio. Personally, I don't see the need to have another woman telling me where to turn or that I missed a turn. :>)

If you want both GPS and radar audio hooked-up to the same VOICE II input I would recommend using a passive mixer to protect both devices.

The Y-cable only supplies the speed signal for the VOICE II speed/volume control. The other unused plug supplies 12V power for the Navigator II. I tapped into it for power for my Garmin 2610 and my radar detector.

Bruce Hodges
Kansas City
Thanks Bruce. I rewired it with a stereo plug and it works. I either had the previous mono plug wired wrong, was using the rear headset socket or both.

Do you think if I just wired both gps and radar into the input that it would hurt something? I will look into the passive audio splitters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts