BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read about many problems with the VOICE II system. For those that have solved them, or ended up with satisfactory solutions, here are my questions:

I have the J&M Elite headsets. Riding one-up everything works well - no problems. Problems arise when riding two up:

1. It takes one second of speaking for the mic to kick-in (i.e., the first word is not heard by the passenger and vice versa). Even with the activation threshold set down all the way, I still lose a second.

2. When the activation thresold is set down so that the communcations work as described above, the music running through the CD player cuts off frequently. Less of a problem when listening to the radio. To eliminate this, I have to set the activation threshold higher, but then the communciations don't kick-in at all, or only if shouting.

For those who have their VOICE II systems operating satisfactorily, what settings do you use on the VOICE II: Volume Riders Helmet, Microphone Activation Level, Speed Dependent Volume, Music Playback, etc.? Any guidance would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have not has any problems with Voioce II although, I normallly say Hi or grunt to activated the VOX. If memory serves me, had to do the same thing with my Autocom.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Aequitas said:
Have read about many problems with the VOICE II system. For those that have solved them, or ended up with satisfactory solutions, here are my questions:

I have the J&M Elite headsets. Riding one-up everything works well - no problems. Problems arise when riding two up:

1. It takes one second of speaking for the mic to kick-in (i.e., the first word is not heard by the passenger and vice versa). Even with the activation threshold set down all the way, I still lose a second.

2. When the activation thresold is set down so that the communcations work as described above, the music running through the CD player cuts off frequently. Less of a problem when listening to the radio. To eliminate this, I have to set the activation threshold higher, but then the communciations don't kick-in at all, or only if shouting.

For those who have their VOICE II systems operating satisfactorily, what settings do you use on the VOICE II: Volume Riders Helmet, Microphone Activation Level, Speed Dependent Volume, Music Playback, etc.? Any guidance would be appreciated!
Mine is much the same. I generally blow a puff of air on the mic to break VOX before starting to speak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts