BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VOICE II Question

Is the headset voice input supposed to mute music? I'm assuming voice actuated voice input. I'm not noticing any muting when talking. Note I have enabled what I believe is the symbol for intercom to be active.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey I'm not one of the knowledgeable guys on this forum buy my intercom does mute the music when VOX kicks in. That applies to the headset not the fairing speakers, those don't change when the VOX kicks in. I do have the manual, but I haven't read it. I prefer to be suprised.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer. I was thinking that the automatic microphone sensing level was a volume control, not having a manual. Of course that rendered the microphones useless when I turned up the level. After looking at the manual, thanks to the download link, it became clear. Normally I don't read instructions much either, however unversal icons aren't always clear.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a question... Are you asking this question with the following set-up in place... Two-up with headsets and mics in working order? If it's just you with a working headset and mic, no amount of talking will mute music. If it's just you and you have a PTT button, pressing that will mute the music.

Just trying to figure this one out for you...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the help. Once I got a copy of the instructions I figured out what I was doing wrong and was able to make the headsets work complete with mute.

By the way I haven't said lately that I love this bike! I rode a fairly new 900cc Triumph Boneville the other day. Nostolgic ride reminiscent of the 60s yes, but I prefer the comfortable/confident LT ride any day even for around town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts