BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 K12 with the VOICE II Comm System, the handle bar mounted BMW CB and the BMW Navigator II installed. Prior to this bike I drove a '99 LT, with the same accessories, for about 50k miles before trading for the new model. Everything has worked well on the '05 for about 5k miles but recently i am having a problem with the VOICE II. Here's what is happening. At 60-70 MPH in 5th gear (but not at lower speeds or in other gears) when i brake, either hand or foot, my music is muted for 3 or 4 seconds just like when I push the "push-to-talk" button on my CB. I have the VOICE II functions all set at the factory settings. Not a terrible problem but annoying never-the-less. BTW, I really like the '05.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? Thanks for your help.

Earle

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I had three of the voice II's on my 05' until they removed it and gave me my money back. All of them worked fine for a while then would just stop working then come back on and so on. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Me Too

I had a simular problem. When I got to 65 mph or higher the speaker system would kick on and off from helmet to speakers. When I would come to a stop the speaker sound would divert from the helmet to the speakers. Very annoying and I would have to turn off the system to avoid the sound of the PTT turning on and off. Dropped the beast off at the dealer for repair at the end of our riding season. Dealer suggested I had a bad intercom plug on the bike that was shorting out. My wife was not real careful plugging in helmet cord and mangled the plug. It seemed to work fine on the trip home but the beast is hibernating until March or April when I will know for sure if it works properly.

I would be interested to hear what others say about this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts