BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a '05 LT with the Voice II system. With the passenger circuit activated my wife
can talk out on a 3-way cell phone conversation, but she can't hear. The factory rep claims
the operator's manual is in error; that the Voice II system was never intended to be 3-way
capable. Any experiences/thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't do cell phone on the scooter... But my tail gunner can be an active participant in all conversations when I thumb my GMRS PTT radio button... If I 'member correctly, anyone on the bikes VII system should be able to talk and listen in on a cell phone connection.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
GPSmjs51 said:
We have a '05 LT with the Voice II system. With the passenger circuit activated my wife
can talk out on a 3-way cell phone conversation, but she can't hear. The factory rep claims
the operator's manual is in error; that the Voice II system was never intended to be 3-way
capable. Any experiences/thoughts appreciated.
Back when I had mine, my son (passenger) and I could both hear/speak on cell calls.

Question: At pages 13-16 of the VOICE II Owner's Manual, there are references to turning on the passenger portion of the cell phone interface, as well as adjusting the passenger's headset volume independently of the driver's. Has the passenger cell phone function been turned on? Worth checking, even if you think the answer is yes.

I suspect this is the issue. However, if the answer really is yes, my next question is: Is the passenger master volume set too low to allow her to hear the incoming call?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts