BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Voice II and CB Radio Instructions

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Steveb1959 
#1 ·
Does anyone have, or know where I can get the Manual/Instruction book for the Voice II Communicator and the CB Radio? I don't know how to use them. I have contacted the dealer and he is seeing what he can do. Any help or leads would be appreciated, if you are local and have a copy I would like to make a copy. Thanks.

#6 ·
Thanks Steve and Toolman. I have the same CB/intercom system on my new to me LT. I downloaded that file and that is very helpful.

I do not have any of the headsets or cords for the system and am interested as to where I could find them?
TIA :wave

#7 ·
Bill,
I don't have the cords or headsets either. When I picked up my bike Saturday I checked with the parts department at the dealership, he quoted me $250.00 for a complete set of 2. I also downloaded the manuals today, can't wait to figure some of this stuff out. Reading the instructions, I don't think we will be able to use the CB/Weather radio until we get the headsets. I will let you know.
Steve

#9 ·
Steveb1959 said:
Bill,
I don't have the cords or headsets either. When I picked up my bike Saturday I checked with the parts department at the dealership, he quoted me $250.00 for a complete set of 2. I also downloaded the manuals today, can't wait to figure some of this stuff out. Reading the instructions, I don't think we will be able to use the CB/Weather radio until we get the headsets. I will let you know.
Steve
Steve,

I was hoping to find some on the used market, but no luck so far. :(

#10 ·
Best prices I found, outside of what your dealer quoted you, are at Sierra Electronics, http://sierra-mc.com/ click on J&M on the left of the screen. I bought the Performance headset for FF helmet and lower cord for $157.50. $199 gets you free shipping, but I didn't need anything else. Yet. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
Lee510 said:
Best prices I found, outside of what your dealer quoted you, are at Sierra Electronics, http://sierra-mc.com/ click on J&M on the left of the screen. I bought the Performance headset for FF helmet and lower cord for $157.50. $199 gets you free shipping, but I didn't need anything else. Yet. :rolleyes:
I have a related question. The guy I bought my 2003 K1200LT/Hannigan trike from gave me headsets and cords. I installed a headset on my helmet and pluged it into the driver position plug. The cord keeps coming apart like its too short. I called J & M and asked if they had longer cords or extensions, they said no. Anyone else having problem with the cord being too short. The lower section of the cord is tightly coiled and has some length but it comes apart before it stretches enough for me to sit uprighht on the bike.

Thanks for any replys

#13 ·
If I remember correctly, the BMW-branded J&M headsets came in driver and passenger varieties, the difference being that the passenger's lower cord (that plugs into the bike) was much shorter, since the plug is at the passenger's waist. The driver's cord (at least mine) is long enough that coils don't separate at all when I'm sitting upright - only when I forget to unplug before walking away! I think this is the only length that J&M (or Sierra) sells now.

burnejr said:
I have a related question. The guy I bought my 2003 K1200LT/Hannigan trike from gave me headsets and cords. I installed a headset on my helmet and pluged it into the driver position plug. The cord keeps coming apart like its too short. I called J & M and asked if they had longer cords or extensions, they said no. Anyone else having problem with the cord being too short. The lower section of the cord is tightly coiled and has some length but it comes apart before it stretches enough for me to sit uprighht on the bike.

Thanks for any replys

#14 ·
ghannah said:
If I remember correctly, the BMW-branded J&M headsets came in driver and passenger varieties, the difference being that the passenger's lower cord (that plugs into the bike) was much shorter, since the plug is at the passenger's waist. The driver's cord (at least mine) is long enough that coils don't separate at all when I'm sitting upright - only when I forget to unplug before walking away! I think this is the only length that J&M (or Sierra) sells now.
Thanks, this is good to know. I may have two passenger cords because they are the same length and seem fine for the passenger but not for driver. I'll call them again,.

Rich

#15 ·
Having done a little checking I think that J&M supplies the headsets and cords. It looks like the BMW units have 6 pins? There are skads of Gold Wing head sets for sale but they are 5 pin.

I hate having all these nice things like radio/CB/ Weather/ and intercom and can't use them. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
Boatzo said:
Having done a little checking I think that J&M supplies the headsets and cords. It looks like the BMW units have 6 pins? There are skads of Gold Wing head sets for sale but they are 5 pin.

I hate having all these nice things like radio/CB/ Weather/ and intercom and can't use them. :rolleyes:
If I didn't already have two wired headsets I would go with a bluetooth headset. J&M makes a bluetooth dongle that will plug into the bike (short cord with a bluetooth device on end) Then you would have full access to the the devices on the bike plus possible other devices like cell and a non integrated gps. You would need a separate dongle for passenger position if the passenger is also goinng to wear a bluetooth headset.

Since I already have two wires sets I only need a longer cord for the driver position. The one I have for passenger is fine but driver position is too short

#17 ·
Rich,
Have you seen this work? It sounds too good to be true. I plan on adding the NAVIII Plus GPS (It is supposed to integrate fully), I have the CB radio and Comm II System, if I could avoid the expensive cords, etc. and still have everything integrate as it is supposed to that would be great. Has anyone else gone this route? If I go this route can I use any Bluetooth headset setup? Can I go with a different GPS and get full functionality? Thanks.

#19 ·
burnejr said:
If I didn't already have two wired headsets I would go with a bluetooth headset. J&M makes a bluetooth dongle that will plug into the bike (short cord with a bluetooth device on end) Then you would have full access to the the devices on the bike plus possible other devices like cell and a non integrated gps. You would need a separate dongle for passenger position if the passenger is also goinng to wear a bluetooth headset.

Since I already have two wires sets I only need a longer cord for the driver position. The one I have for passenger is fine but driver position is too short
Rich,
I contacted J&M and asked about this, they will not have one on the market until this fall. I will get one when it comes out. In the mean time I ordered a NCOM BMW cable set-up that should link all my BMW devices to my Nolan Helmet, the cable cost me $43.99 at Motorcycle Superstore, shipping was free because I needed a couple of other items and orders over $75.00 have free shipping. This should hold me over until J&M releases the Bluetooth dongle. If it works with my Cardo scala then I will really be set.
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.