BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over winter had Vivid do a bench ecm tune for my 18 r1200rt. Happy with results. Consistent snappy throttle response, midrange power that is always there. Can still run any octane the stock tune would.great support by email and phone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
URL for these guys?

Never mind...found it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 thing is the 100% consistent instant power delivery/response when you roll on the throttle at speed. And it does seem to sound better at WOT 6k on up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do not race but am interested. My Kawasaki Voyager was tuned. Not only was she smoother at lower rpm, she accelerated better with better gas mileage. Did you see much increase in gas mileage?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not race but am interested. My Kawasaki Voyager was tuned. Not only was she smoother at lower rpm, she accelerated better with better gas mileage. Did you see much increase in gas mileage?
maybe a few mpg. nothing dramatic

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
I looked into Vivid tune I emailed & called several times. I had one email returned telling me to go to the website. I had no returned phone calls and my other emails went unanswered. Several times I was on hold for over 1/2 an hour before I hung up. In my opinion they have very poor customer service. I went with Brentune instead.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
You know a PC V with Auto Tune is a great setup.

I had my 15 RT dynoed and a map built and I have my 17.5 GS the same. I can control all aspects of fueling and can see them on my LCD screen from the Auto tune. I run about 14.2 to 14.4 at 3200 RPM in 6th gear on my GS cruising. When I haul the mail I can see 13.2 or so depending on how hard I punch it. I see L/R AFR, RPM, and Throttle position so I know what the bike is doing.

I have read a lot of bad things on these ECU tunes and I would not want one myself.

Biggest reason is if you go for a software update your going to have it overwritten. And you are going to be called out on warranty if there is any count on ECU flash. And the one UK company has been outed as a down right fraud.

I went through all of the options on the 15 RT to make sure I was still doing what I thought was best and decided to stay with DynoJet as I have been running some flavor of there product for 17 years or so. And a dyno can be off or different day to day bike to bike but close enough for me to say the least.

Reactions: MBevans
1 - 7 of 7 Posts