BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to tell which trim level (LT-S, LT-I, LT-C, etc) is associated with a particular bike by using the VIN?

I have used various VIN decoders, but they all come up with K1200LT.

Short of some sort of coding, what options are associated with the various trim levels for a 2000 model? I thought m bike was a std, but looking at some of the design features (chrome trim on saddlebags & mirror, heated seats and grips, etc, make me think this may be a higher trim level.

A friend of mine is thinking about an LT, and is trying to use mine as a benchmark for features.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
No. The last 7 digits denote the model and build sequence. Only the BMW computer system can tell you which of the sequence was built to which model.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Jeff. Do you recall which variation the bike is? I thought it was -Std, but now thinking that my CRS is active and and it may be a -C.

Also, I got the BeadRider seats on your recommendation. LOVE THEM so far! I also got a pair of ICOMs, one installed on the bike, and the other a spare for whatever. I appreciate everything you have done for me. Great bike!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. Other than CRS, can't imagine why I thought it was a Std.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grifscoots said:
A standard won't have the BC, an Icon doesn't have chrome, while a Custom does.
Cool, between ElJeffe's post, and yours, it is official -- My bike is a Custom. Woo hoo. Hmmmmm, still the same bike I bought, and still loving it, regardless of the variant. Will help me explain to my friend about the different models and give him a point of reference when looking at ads and such.

SIDEBAR: This past Sunday, I rode my Harley for the first time since I bought the LT a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, she's still a beauty, and she is still my girl, but I couldn't help but think about the new mistress (LT). ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts