Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The ride through Grand Haven along the beach of Lake Michigan
In December that is pretty good in Michigan

Sorry click on the Link below
The Jesse Link

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I gotta get a camera.

Your vid helped me to decide where to mount a camera if and when I get one.

Loved the lake views.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks for posting the video - never realized that the Great Lakes would have that much sand around them, since they don't get as much wave action as the oceans do. Looks like you'd have to be careful in turns as it looked like there was a lot of sand that had been blown onto the road.

I never tried the helmet mounting - I have a modular helmet and didn't want a camera sticking off the side and can't mount it on top, as it would interfere with the flip up face shield.

When I first got my GoPro, I tried their chesty mount (attaches the camera to your solar plexus area), and grabbed hold of the camera and aimed it off center when I saw something that wasn't immediately ahead that I wanted to capture. I haven't used that since, as I didn't like how too much of the screen was filled by the bike's instrument panel and cut off too much of what I wanted to film.

You might try mounting the camera on the front of the fairing between the windshield and the headlight, as it provides a more stable platform than on a helmet. The disadvantage is that it won't capture where you are looking from it's fixed location.

:wave

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my Helmet mount Air Pro Camera I know nobody probably will believe me but I just picked the camera up at Walmart on clearance for 35 Dollars and the mount was 15 and it is completely water proof up to 30 ft. So far I am impressed
I love the Helmet mount over mounting solid on the bike you can give a more out look of every thing around you with out being so boring looking staight ahead

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, that looks like the same Grand Haven that I saw when I was there last.
That was many years ago.
dc

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
The weather looks good enough that I'm riding up after work tomorrow to see my sister on Saturday. I'm also going to surprise a buddy of mine since our 1959 kindergarten class that is playing the drums at the Pinckney Pub on Sat. night. I should be in Michigan about 9:00 tomorrow night. I haven't seen weather like this in MI. in over 30 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
GaryEm what a great deal at $35! Appreciate the info, I'll be picking one up at my local store tomorrow. Thank you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video. Ole Southern Redneck enjoys seeing other parts of our great country. Did notice that nobody waved, in the Carolinas would have had more "hey y'all" involved in the ride. LOL
Leon

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weather looks good enough that I'm riding up after work tomorrow to see my sister on Saturday. I'm also going to surprise a buddy of mine since our 1959 kindergarten class that is playing the drums at the Pinckney Pub on Sat. night. I should be in Michigan about 9:00 tomorrow night. I haven't seen weather like this in MI. in over 30 years.
Dave have Great Ride up this Way you are probably riding as am printing this but Sat. IT is suppose to rain but it is going to be about 60 degrees out but I have feeling you can handle it :wink:
Have a Good Trip

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
This is my Helmet mount Air Pro Camera I know nobody probably will believe me but I just picked the camera up at Walmart on clearance for 35 Dollars and the mount was 15 and it is completely water proof up to 30 ft. So far I am impressed
I love the Helmet mount over mounting solid on the bike you can give a more out look of every thing around you with out being so boring looking staight ahead
Just picked up two of them. one for me and one for brother-in-law. What mount did you use for your helmet? I did buy a 32 gig chip and will test it out ASAP.

Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just picked up two of them. one for me and one for brother-in-law. What mount did you use for your helmet? I did buy a 32 gig chip and will test it out ASAP.

Thanks, Robert.
It is ION America -helmet mount pack Model #5007 it comes with everything you need got from Walmart for 15 dollars on sale but I see you can get it from best buy also
You can have it on your helmet in five minutes time it is real sturdy mount
I also bought the 32 gig anyway its going to be just a nother cool little camera

1 - 14 of 14 Posts