BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I finally got the Beemer out today for a short ride. Had it a month and only rode it around a Walmart parking lot when I bought it. This is a different world than a rice burner. Handles exceptionally well. 50 degrees outside and was warm and toasty on the bike. Never experienced that before !!! One concern (which may be a BMW trait), a vibration on low end. Enough to lightly shake the mirrors when hitting the gas. Smooth as silk on top end but 1500 to 2000 RPM, a vibration. Is this normal oh wise ones ??? I appreciate your help once again !!! Glad I got you guys to walk me through this new experience.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
The only time you should be in that RPM range is briefly on your way to a shift point. If you are cruising at the range you are lugging the engine. I am never in 5th gear unless it is on the freeway. There is another point around 4800 or so that is an LT quirk. Kind of a buzz. 3,000 to 3,500 is a good cruising rpm. Just remember that first gear is good to 62 mph (as that is when you will hit the rev limiter). Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts