BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I just took my 2nd ride on my 2004LT. There seems to be a RPM related buzz coming from somewhere inside the Fairing. Is this a common issue on this bike? If so any hints to shorten my search? I wish it would warm up I've had the bike for 2 weeks and only got to ride it twice.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Mark

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine does the same. I think I have narrowed it down to the speaker grill. Only happens at low RPM. Or thats the only time I can hear it. I have heard others telling LT riders to check for the rubber shocks mounted in some places betwwen the tupperware and frame. I came off a HD with loud pipes and now that I am on a LT I can hear everything. Im not use to that and maybe the HD had rattles and vibrations too but I just could not hear them.
Just try to isolate where its coming from.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I've placed small strips of foam/soft rubber between where the top and bottom halves of the tupperware meet in the front of the bike under the turn signal. That's where my vibration comes from.
I also recall Grif mentioning that he uses the fabric half of velcro. A better fix than mine since it sticks.

HTH,
Jer

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
jers99lt said:
I've placed small strips of foam/soft rubber between where the top and bottom halves of the tupperware meet in the front of the bike under the turn signal. That's where my vibration comes from.
I also recall Grif mentioning that he uses the fabric half of velcro. A better fix than mine since it sticks.

HTH,
Jer
Same here also my foam fell out after a few weeks. Someday I'll remember to fix it again with velco. ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hmmmm, I suppose mine rattles as much as anyone elses but when it comes down to it, I really don't sit on it running at Idle very long. Every bike I have had, has always had a little plastic rattle and I never thought very much of it cause I knew any moment I would be doing 70 or 80 mph and all I could hear then was the engine and the wind. and well now of course I can hear music and my wife and the strange voices that tell me where to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts