BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a vibration around 4500 RPM. My bike is an 04 K1200Lt and was told by another rider of a K1200R that he had a vibration and that he changed to a Remus exhaust and since then has no vibration. Has anyone else experienced this.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
that vib at 4500rpm is normal. I heard that Remus will 'cure' it, but it happens only in a small range (in my is 4350 to 4550).

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
nawlinsjohn said:
I have been getting a vibration around 4500 RPM. My bike is an 04 K1200Lt and was told by another rider of a K1200R that he had a vibration and that he changed to a Remus exhaust and since then has no vibration. Has anyone else experienced this.
Absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. Changing to a Remus may help it, and makes the bike breathe better and sound cooler, too.:)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Remove the center exhaust hanger...

DavidTaylor said:
Absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. Changing to a Remus may help it, and makes the bike breathe better and sound cooler, too.:)
There is another route some of us have taken to eliminate the vibes.

In the center of the stock exhaust system lives a hanger - this hanger has been reputted to be the possible cause of early exhaust cracking near or at the header - What was also discovered, is REMOVING the CENTER HANGER & BRACKET eliminates 95% of the vibration and perhaps saves the pipes from cracking, due (it is rumored) to the same vibration.

I removed mine after a transmission fluid change one day about 20,000 miles ago and never put it back!

My LT no longer has the 4500 RPM up-shift indicator. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4500 RPM vibration issue

Thanks for the responses. I have the 24K service coming up and will have the mentioned bracket removed to see if this make it go away...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Removing the bracket on my 2004 had no effect. I put it back on. Always checking the exhaust for cracks and haven't seen any yet. 16k miles.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
nawlinsjohn said:
I have been getting a vibration around 4500 RPM. ..... Has anyone else experienced this.
Howdy John,

Oh yeah, that' perfectly normal. You could go with a Remus...expensive (see Raffy if go that route), or do what several of us do. That is to use that vibration as a shift indicator.

If you're riding "relaxed" then use it as the "upshift" indicator. Feel the vibe, then upshift.

If you're riding "spirited" then use it as your "downshift" indicator. Feel the vibe, then downshift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts